S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Do you have any regrets?........

Old 04-10-2001, 07:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You guys are Great! My girlfriend loves your replies, she wants to know what Zymoil is Bieg Hehe, I'll show her later...

Anyway, thanks for the advice. In my young eyes, Ive learned that life is what you make it. If things with my girl are meant to be, then we will make it work out, money or not, and we can work through whatever issues we come across. Plus she wants me to spend less time on this board and more with her, so she said "just get it, stop looking on that forum, I have money too you know, dont worry so much." God I love her!

If I want the car, then it shall be done! I think a 9K Redline, VTEC rear wheel drive- street legal version of a Honda CART racecar ought to be priceless
Old 04-10-2001, 08:06 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by Mindcore
Granted it wasn't the smartest move, I could have used the money for much better things...Like making more money
Yea, Mike, you could have invested in that AWESOME Canadian Stock Market up there!

Wait, is there even such a thing?!?

Yea, hi50, the car is one badass machine...

And Bieg et al, it's ZyMOL, not ZyMOIL...

Enjoy the ride...!
Old 04-10-2001, 08:18 PM
Former Moderator

Yes!!!! Greg It's True!! We even have one for our own city. The Toronto Stock Exchange! Its pretty neat. We can trade, beaver tails, Whale blubber ( down alot right now ) and a host of donuts and beer. It's almost like the big boys. And if we're good they let us trade on the Nasdaq and the Dow as well!
Old 04-10-2001, 08:28 PM

Received 69 Likes on 48 Posts

Here's my situation:

I just turned 26, been working as an IT consultant straight out of college with very generous salary. Have two very impratcial cars (S2000 and show modded Prelude) and once 2000 ES300 Platinum that I bought recently on a whim.

I am in the midst of planning my marriage, saving for a new house, starting my own company, already started and sold share of another company (www.justekware.com), and other financially draining activities.

All through college, I spent whatever extra money I saved on my cars. Knowing and wanting what I know of now, if I had to do it again, I wouldn't have splurged. I'm not really straining financially, but I do feel some pressure to measure up to goals I've set for myself. If I hadn't splurged like I did, I would still have the same goals, just with less burdens.

That being said, I would still have the S2000, still would keep the Prelude, but would definitely have passed on the Lexus. I would have saved more, gone out less, drank less, worked out more, learned more, and so forth.

The S2000 is an incredible machine with a soul that just talks to you. Even the days that I don't drive it, when I walk into the garage, she speaks to me. Of all the purchases in my life, I don't regret that one the most!!!

If you got it ($) now, go get it (S2000) now. You never know what the future may bring, so....Carpe Diem.
Old 04-11-2001, 04:03 AM

Any regrets?

Yes, I regret that the other pilot was killed and that we had to enter foreign airspace to land safely. Now give 'em back!
Old 04-11-2001, 05:12 PM

Future? What future? I sold mine to you know who for my Honda
In all seriousness, I purchased and haven't looked back. Well except to give my local Honda dealer the bird. The car however reaffirms my purchase everytime I drive it. Sure there are bigger, faster, fancier cars but... well.. quite frankly their not mine!
Old 04-11-2001, 07:01 PM

I don't even own my s2k anymore. Dumped it for an M3 with a back seat to accomodate my new and first 'lil one (the new love of my life). The bimmer is a great car, with loads of torque, but not nearly as fun as the s2k. Anyway grab the s2k. Screw logic, stock market, finances etc. If your squeeze was meant to be, she'll understand. Sounds harsh I know, but it's just a car for crying out loud. You'll be sure to go through much more trying times.

If you have the cash, can afford the car, and still eat more than raman noodles after making that payment, do it. Like I say to my free-spirited young friends: you can afford to make mistakes now, you have plenty of recovery time. You have plenty of time to be practical.

FWIW, I'm 32, an attorney, make more cash than I'm worth, and have the most bayyootiful baby daughter known to man. Didn't mind giving up the s2k, but it took a newborn to do it. (don't know if any of that is relevant)

Grab life by the balls. Rip the back roads with the top down. Tip back a cold one when done. Make love to your girl. Reflect on how fortunate you are.

peace
Old 04-11-2001, 08:42 PM

"frayed" is my new hero!!

ok, my story - since everyone is sharing!

i am 23 and make more money than need to live comfortably - even in new york. however, i have been budgeting and balancing every penny i spend since i was about 2 - my dad is a cpa and a mega penny pincher, despite his wealth - it rubbed off.

anyhow, i had to come to grips with the idea that buying the car that i wanted (s2k) meant living life for now, as opposed to for later... as several others have mentioned here. on the other hand i could have bought an appliance, like a 5 year old GSR or something...

well, i'll be picking up my new s2k on sunday!!

good luck to you, whatever you decide.

ps. i am surprised that the citigroup guy didn't mention it, but financing a car is not a terrible thing... especially since the market is beaten down and interest rates are dropping.

use the leverage that a loan will provide you to get the best of both worlds... (25k in the market will out-perform the ~9% apr you pay as a young person with a car loan.)

pps. frayed, i bet austin is great place to own a convertible... i almost moved there to work for a software co. called "trilogy." decided to go to a bank instead... now sometimes i regret THAT! the winters suck up here!
Old 04-12-2001, 03:39 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by flaco
[B]

pps. frayed, i bet austin is great place to own a convertible...
Old 04-12-2001, 10:23 AM

I regret only that I took a loan out rather than selling my tech stock to buy it.

-dB

Quick Reply: Do you have any regrets?........