S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Does an S2000 really spin/crash that easy?

Old 01-25-2018, 12:16 PM

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Yea where i go its 1 spin talking too, 2 spins its up the the head guy running the track day. Unless its raining then they tend to be a little more forgiving.
Old 01-25-2018, 01:32 PM

Received 196 Likes on 129 Posts

If I remember right, where I was you got talked to each time and you were allowed so many tires off the track then you were done for the day. Both my spins I only ended up with 2 tires in the grass so they didn't count as bad as being completely off the track.
Old 01-25-2018, 02:22 PM

Received 123 Likes on 98 Posts

I don't spin often at the track, but it IS part of getting faster. If you're not one to be interested in time attack / w2w in the future, and you're out there just for enjoyment and personal driving skills that will help you in every day situations that's fine, but you can't necessarily look down upon spins or be too afraid of them to keep pushing further.

I will grant you that there are those people that spin every day, and often times a few times in a day. That's where coaching needs to step in -- these people are generally in the slow-mid groups -- and the regulars all recognize the cars in question. Also, it's a trackday, you don't need to be right on top of anyone else, even if they are holding you up. Leave space. People generally have signs before they end up spinning or going off, watch for them.

That aside, I don't think these cars are deathtrap spin machines, you just can't drive them without a clue in the world and expect them to not be edgy. If you want a car like that go buy a BMW M car, they are like golden retrievers in comparison.