S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Does your S2000 have battlescars?

Old 08-07-2006, 03:49 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Does your S2000 have battlescars?

I know, I know, when you first got your S, you vowed you would keep it perfect. You washed it once a week, waxed it once a month, and stared at it all the time.

But although you still wash it, and you still wax it and stare at it, you have also driven it hard, making it roar, making it scream like a banshee, taking turns and corners with the grace of a ballerina. In the process, your S, like any well-loved machine, has become scarred with use.

My S has many love scars, etchings, slight scratches, and rock chips. It's a rough and tough sports car, it's supposed to get used and loved. What are the battlescars on your S, the marks of a well-loved precision machine?
Old 08-07-2006, 03:54 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

yeah, i got a black paint scratch on my left rear fender. I just got the car and while I was at my friend's apartment, my alarm goes off. I run out and see a black Escalade with a white girl in it next to my car. She looks at me and starts backing out. So I go to my car and look to see if anything was missing (the top was down). Everything looked cool, so I walked away. Then I thought "waaaaaaaaaaaaaait" a minute, and then went back and saw a black scratch mark! From what my friend at the apartment told me, the black Escalade has never come back.
Old 08-07-2006, 03:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AlX Boi,Aug 7 2006, 03:54 PM
yeah, i got a black paint scratch on my left rear fender. I just got the car and while I was at my friend's apartment, my alarm goes off. I run out and see a black Escalade with a white girl in it next to my car. She looks at me and starts backing out. So I go to my car and look to see if anything was missing (the top was down). Everything looked cool, so I walked away. Then I thought "waaaaaaaaaaaaaait" a minute, and then went back and saw a black scratch mark! From what my friend at the apartment told me, the black Escalade has never come back.
Damn inconsiderate b!tch....sorry can't stand people like that. If I ever came across that escalade I would kick in the door
Old 08-07-2006, 03:57 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I scraped and cracked my OEM front lip.
Old 08-07-2006, 04:05 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My front bumper has a few pock marks from driving on shitty roads around here.
Old 08-07-2006, 04:26 PM

Oh yeah, my windshield black rubber part and my right tail light has scratches on them. So I had a date in 30 min, but my car was filthy, so I had to get it cleaned quickly. I went to one of those self clean places with those switches that you can choose between high power spray/wax/spot-free rinse/soap brush. I had to scrub off the bugs on my car and stuff and I didn't bring any of my material, so I so whatever and just used their soap brush. This was one of the biggest mistakes my car has had to endure from a crappy owner. I just started scrubbing the whole car like crazy, rinsed, then took off for the date. The next morning...SURPRISE! My light rear light has brush stroke marks and the rubber on the windshield has bristle indentations. =* ( No girl is worth the pain my car had to go through!
Old 08-07-2006, 04:29 PM

Oh yeah, and one more...ahahaha I was smoking a cig with the top down. I was about done, so I flicked it WOOW did the wind blow hard at the split second. It flew back into the rear of my car where the top is stashed. I pull over to find my cig there and a hole on the inside part of the top. Uuuuuuuuuggggh, it's only been 3 months too! My old accord didn't even suffer this much in it's 14 year lifespan.
Old 08-07-2006, 04:32 PM

I've got some rock chips and a little scrapage up front. No door dings though, luckily. *knocks on wood*
Old 08-07-2006, 04:43 PM

I seem to pick up little dints at the drop of a hat, and the car has had plenty of battle scars, but I always get things fixed so the car is still pretty close to new looking. The best part of showing the car is that it makes me get it detailed down to the last nut and bolt several times a year, and that makes it easier to keep the car looking new all year long.
Old 08-07-2006, 05:04 PM

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Project22a,Aug 7 2006, 08:32 PM
I've got some rock chips and a little scrapage up front. No door dings though, luckily. *knocks on wood*
Same here. 4 years and no dings. My complete anality in parking lots of staying miles away from everyone has served me pretty well.

Quick Reply: Does your S2000 have battlescars?