S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Dont buy foreign cars!!!!!!

Old 06-02-2003, 09:13 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by JamesB
[B]...and stickers that said "would Jesus listen to rap music"...
Old 06-02-2003, 09:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

GM has plants in Mexico and Canada as does Ford. Even with the transmission coming from Japan for the cars that Honda makes in the US, it still beats those made in Mexico and better quality to boot.

GM buys parts from the cheapest supplier, as does every manufacturer. The real difference is that the Japanese as well as the Germans want quality as well as just price. The Acura CL was designed in the US as is the full-size trucks from Toyota. GM is even going to buy engines from Honda.

Look at the Toyota Matrix and the Pontiac Vibe. They are the same car made in the same plant but the Toyota costs less. GM is just trying to make more money per car to cover their bloated spending habits.

While buy American is nice, it is not feasible to do all the time.

I personally will never buy from a US manufacturer again, I had way too many problems and they just don't care. While some may say forgive and forget, I will just use the latter and forget them.

Lance
Old 06-02-2003, 06:07 PM
Banned

First of all, many many domestic cars are assembled in other countries, while many many import cars are assembled in the U.S. So which cars really benefit the U.S. economy more? Honda and Toyota alone build millions of cars here in the U.S. each year. Wouldn't those help the U.S. economy more than domestic cars that are made elsewhere?

Second of all, that guy is just plainly turning into a skinhead or KKK, as we speak. He not only demeans import cars, he's degrading other cultures as well by referring to rap music as "devilish" in a way. Just as country music is to his culture, rap is for another culture. He is turning into just another racist KKK, like there are so many in southern and midwest states. Soon he'll be killing instead of just putting notes on cars. That's very simple and apparent!

And finally, if a guy puts a note on my car saying unpleasant stuff, I wouldn't be arguing with him. He'd be on the ground gasping for air. Very simple! He can do whatever shit he pleases at home or to someone else, but as soon as he touches my property with an ill will, he'd be on the ground with my fist into his skull.
Old 06-02-2003, 06:32 PM

I love this country. I love being an American, and what it stands for. Part of being American is enjoying a kind of freedom seldom found anywhere else, a freedom that allows us to say what we want (most of the time) without fear of recrimination. The freedom to say what we want also encompasses the freedom to buy what we want. Those who spout crap like "buy American" have a very narrow-minded way of looking at things. These people have a right to think or verbalize their opinion, but putting a note on my foreign car (regardless of what country it was assembled in) is going too far.
Old 06-02-2003, 06:58 PM

Received 5,207 Likes on 3,115 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by purdyS2K
[B] He is turning into just another racist KKK, like there are so many in southern and midwest states.
Old 06-02-2003, 07:23 PM
Banned

[QUOTE]Originally posted by dlq04
[B]

Now there's a streach.....
Old 06-02-2003, 07:32 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm as loyal as the next bloke, but I have an expanded scope.

I'd never buy an expensive sports car from anywhere other than Mother Earth.

I think the Odyssey is made only in the U.S.A., by the way.

What would Jesus do? For starters, He'd not be so judgmental of others as the red-neck foreign car hater.
Old 06-02-2003, 07:45 PM

Originally posted by purdyS2K

My property, my right to protect it.
In the majority of the states this is not the case. In some states it is but they are also conditions that must be met first. One can use force to protect yourself and others, but if the DA wants to make an example of you, they will go after you, even if you were in the right.

Lance
Old 06-02-2003, 07:50 PM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

I've made a pact with myself to only purchase products made by human beings. No extra-terrestrial stuff in my garage, thank you very much!
Old 06-02-2003, 08:16 PM

Thanks for all the replies. I brought up the fact that most of his electronics like TVs , computers and cell phones were probably not made here. He didnt really say much about that. He just said if I was going to spend that much money on a car it should be American. He said he only puts his notes on expensive cars. I wish I had known the Z3 was built here, That may have shut him up for a sec. He was driving an F150, I wrote his licence plate # down. If I ever see him again Im going to put a note on his car, I just need to think of what to write

James

Quick Reply: Dont buy foreign cars!!!!!!