S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Evo X to s2000

Old 12-15-2013, 12:55 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

2006 Laguna Blue Pearl? Go for it!
Old 12-15-2013, 12:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by civdaddy
Evo x interior is a little bit disappointing. But that's somwthinf u can get used to, like most things.
Yea it has grown on me. It's a pure performance car TRYING to look luxurious lol
Old 12-15-2013, 06:09 PM

Gooo for the s2
Old 12-16-2013, 12:16 AM
Syn

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are you in a financial position to buy an S2000 while keeping the Evo? Perhaps an older, higher-mileage S2000 in the $9-11k range?

Sounds like you're the type of person who either gets bored with cars quickly or just has an addiction to switching out frequently because your mind wanders. (I've got the same mindset, so don't take this as an insult)

If you can have both at once, you wouldn't have to think about the decision very hard and you also wouldn't risk regretting the sale of the Evo.
Old 12-16-2013, 07:56 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I have both but my s2000 is a becoming a track car only...I would have a real hard time giving up my evoX though.
Old 12-16-2013, 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by Syn
Are you in a financial position to buy an S2000 while keeping the Evo? Perhaps an older, higher-mileage S2000 in the $9-11k range?

Sounds like you're the type of person who either gets bored with cars quickly or just has an addiction to switching out frequently because your mind wanders. (I've got the same mindset, so don't take this as an insult)

If you can have both at once, you wouldn't have to think about the decision very hard and you also wouldn't risk regretting the sale of the Evo.
Unfortunately I am not as of right now, maybe after I get my CDL's I could afford both. No insult taken. I absolutely have that type of mind set, where my mind wanders about the possibility of having this car versus that car.

I guess the only reason i'm wanting to jump so quickly is due to the fact the s2000 i'm looking at is a low mileage one owner and it seems to be in pristine condition.
Old 12-16-2013, 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by DHonovich
I have both but my s2000 is a becoming a track car only...I would have a real hard time giving up my evoX though.
So since you have both, maybe you could help with my decision making haha My Evo is in great condition besides the cheap mitsu paint ( car has some paint chips )other than that it runs perfect an has never left me stranded. I have quite a bit of money into the car, i.e clutch, exhaust, DP, brakes and some other miscellaneous things. The hardest thing for me to let go is that fact that I have a lot of time and money invested into the car itself. I do love the Evo a lot, but the s2000 has my mind going all kinds of directions. So with being said, what would make it difficult for you to get rid of your EvoX?
Old 12-16-2013, 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by ateens4
2006 Laguna Blue Pearl? Go for it!
Yes sir. My last s2000 was a sebring silver, with red/black interior. I really loved that interior too. This is tough one guys haha
Old 12-16-2013, 11:07 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've had 2 S2000's (ap1 and ap2) with a combined 7 years DD between the 2. I then switched to an Evo X. Everytime I see an S I miss having one. However, the Evo, for me, makes a better DD (not that it's a great DD). If I had room for another car I'd buy an S in an instant. My evo has over double the power but the sheer joy of driving an S is missing.

So basically, I don't think I'd dump the Evo for an S2000 as a DD. If you've got the cash and room, the S makes a perfect second car.....but man I miss drivng one.
Old 12-16-2013, 01:15 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by PndaS2K
Originally Posted by DHonovich' timestamp='1387212968' post='22924885
So since you have both, maybe you could help with my decision making haha My Evo is in great condition besides the cheap mitsu paint ( car has some paint chips )other than that it runs perfect an has never left me stranded. I have quite a bit of money into the car, i.e clutch, exhaust, DP, brakes and some other miscellaneous things. The hardest thing for me to let go is that fact that I have a lot of time and money invested into the car itself. I do love the Evo a lot, but the s2000 has my mind going all kinds of directions. So with being said, what would make it difficult for you to get rid of your EvoX?
I have a stage 3 setup which traps around 110; so from a power stand point the s2000 is borning to drive. The gearbox on the s2000 is like butter where the evoX even with upgrades is lacking in feel. The s2000 is really uncomfortable and impractical for DD even though many owners do DD them. The s2000 is great on summer days and amazing on the track but for the rest it just doesn't do it for me. For me it is really hard to choose between the s2000 and the evoX as a track car just because the s2000 comes alive there. The tough part for me is that the evoX is so good is so many categories; it can double as a DD/track car, can be driven in any weather (for me I drive it year round in the Northeast), relatively quick, subtle looks which keeps cop attention down, fits 4, has bluetooth and a great radio, very nimble and responsive feel. Both cars have been relatively reliable as well with the s2000 being a bit cheaper on maintenance.

Quick Reply: Evo X to s2000