S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

EZ ON TOP problems

Old 04-07-2011, 05:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EZ ON TOP problems

I bought my 07 s2000 used and a recent local s2k meet, some members started asking me about my top.

1. Why isnt your top alway the way down? It doesnt go as low as ours?

* * * * * * AFTER THE MODDICTION STRAPS * * * * * *

2. What material is this?

From there i started doing my own research and have found more issues.... Any ideas

Any I found this

Old 04-07-2011, 05:45 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

Do you have the stock elastic straps on the stock top frame still?
Old 04-07-2011, 09:01 PM

Um, not sure. I saw some elastic straps. I will take more pictures tomorrow morning and post. I messed with it more today, and noticed the glass can not lay flat, its more on an angle when the top goes down, as if the glass is to big for the space allowed
Old 04-07-2011, 09:24 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

http://modifry.com/products/ctf/index.htm
hope this helps. I never had a top folding issue, but installed modifry straps to prevent it in the long run. Also, looks like your soft top has been replaced. That isn't the one out of factory. My interior of the top looks a little different. Another thing, is your soft top frame filed down? Honda issued a TSB on this. They file down the rough/sharp edges of the frame. It's notorious for ripping and wearing out the fabric. Not that it would effect the folding process, but it will save you from patching or buying another top.
Old 04-07-2011, 09:25 PM

The instructions are on his site. The factory straps are thin and flimsy compared to the much thicker and stronger modifry straps.
Old 04-07-2011, 09:35 PM
Former Sponsor

Yeah if you have the stock straps removed or worn badly you can get those. I just did for my car last week. I also installed an EZ-ON top a couple of weeks ago. Very nice quality top!
Old 04-07-2011, 09:39 PM

moddiction is ez on top made of same vinyl material of oem tops?
Old 04-07-2011, 09:41 PM
Former Sponsor

They make a couple different models with different materials. I think the base one is the same or similar material and then have a higher cost model with a better material.
Old 04-08-2011, 06:44 AM

Damn, thanks for the responses guys. As for the elastic straps,I even tried holding those bars together with my hand which is normally held by the straps. I also tried keeping them far apart when having the top down. After I couldnt hold it even more, I would also have to give the top a little down force and thats when i get the max amount of the top down. It seems as if something is in the way, I'll give the straps a try, but it seems more like a space issue.

lltysonll - I checked the frame, i think it is filed down, but i do plan on putting some fabric on those areas.
- Also, i know its not the factory - its EZ-ON
- Its even a different fabric, id say softer, and soaks up the water when it rains.

the area between the top frame looks like this from the back, its just the frame on the ends stick up
just like in this picture
Old 04-08-2011, 07:03 AM

Originally Posted by Moddiction
Yeah if you have the stock straps removed or worn badly you can get those. I just did for my car last week. I also installed an EZ-ON top a couple of weeks ago. Very nice quality top!
Just bought your straps... *fingers crossed*

Quick Reply: EZ ON TOP problems