S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Finally an owner! Some "is this normal" questions

Old 12-23-2005, 08:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Finally an owner! Some "is this normal" questions

Skip to the first bold part if you don't care about the "I got one!" part, lol

Well first off, after 2+ years of searching I took the plunge and bought an s2000!

I bought a 2004 S2000. It was 24,400 and only had 2,237 miles on it! Apparanty it was originally leased from Honda and returned with 4xx miles on it, and then had one owner for a short time before it was reposesed by the lein holder (Bank of America). It was then bought at an auction by the local dealer (non-Honda) that sold it to me. It has a clean title and I haven't found anything "wrong" yet.

I took it to a Honda dealership and dropped $87 before buying it to have them inspect it and requested besides mechanical they let me know if it had ever been wrecked or flooded. They told me the car was "perfect" and basically brand new so I went for it!

I immediatly drove 800 miles the same day as buying it (stopped for an oil change first as I had no way of knowing if it was still the original year old oil) up to North Carolina as I had planned on going up with family, to visit family.

I made it all the way up without incident, the car actually drove very smooth. I went from St. Augustine Florida to Rocky Mount NC with the top down, the heater got a workout, lol.

Thread point begins here

Question 1

Regardless I have a few questions. While driving up (with a passanger and a caravaning car with me) we noticed a few little odds and ends.

First of all the back bumper, on the very bottom I was told it had a slight wobble from behind on the highway. It was not noticeable by anyone except one person. I inspected the area closer and notice the little clips that hold the bottom part of the bumper against itself seem to be missing. I searched the forums and found that on the rear diagram these are parts 24 and 43, a plastic screw and a small bolt like piece that recieves it on the other side. The local Honda dealer up here did not have them in stock but I'm sure I can get something from the hardware store that is the same thing, the question is should I be concerned that these are missing? It is the same on boths sides, and actually seems a little tought to line up on the left side. Could they have never been put in or fallen out? I did find one thread that said early model S2k's had an issue with that spot, it didn't state how old though. Picture below:

Question 2:

I also noticed that a small clip seems to be missing or fallen out around the center console. There seems to two on each side and one side is missing one, I'm assuming a dealer has this as well, any big deal? Pic below:

Question 3:

I have noticed my high beams do not seem to come on. I stopped by the local Honda dealer up here in NC (again I'm on vacation) and they say that it will take a few days to see the car as they are booked. I might have to get it looked at back home as I'm going to be gone in a few days, just here for Christmas.

The headlights work fine and when I blink the high beams the low beams (HID's) come on, but the high beam bulbs do not light up. Is there a seperate fuse that could be blown? I doubt both high beam bulbs could burn out in 2,000 miles.

Question 4:

When looking at the fuse boxes because of question 3, I noticed the one under the steering wheel is a little different than I am used too. It has the diagram and then an area pointing up and the fuse box is basically upside down under the steering wheel. It just looks odd to see a fuse box exposed as normally it requires the removal of a cover. Is this normal, does your AP2 look like this under the steering wheel? Pic below:

Question 5:

Who is safe parts, and why do I have there sticker everywhere? See to the left of the battery in the pic below:

Question 6:

Should there be any stickers on the inside of the trunk itself? The hood is flooded with Honda stickers, diagrams, etc (like any other car), but I don't really see any around the trunk. Is that normal? (Perhaps I'm really just getting paranoid at this point). Pic below:

Question 7: Lastly, isn't she pretty?

Thanks in advance for any and all replies, God's blessings and Merry Christmas!

- J
Old 12-23-2005, 09:06 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Your being paranoid.... now purchase a membership so we can see your pics...
Old 12-23-2005, 09:06 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

All I have too say is: That 350 next to you should be leaking all of it's fluids on the ground from being all scared of whats next to it
Old 12-23-2005, 09:09 AM

Received 464 Likes on 396 Posts

She is indeed pretty!
But,if you cannot find stickers in the trunk,she must have been rearended before.!
Old 12-23-2005, 09:14 AM

You can't see the pictures?

And where should the stickers in the trunk be???

Now I'm going to have to go investigate!
Old 12-23-2005, 09:19 AM

Cant see the pics, but congrats!
Old 12-23-2005, 09:20 AM

How come some of you can see it and some of you cant?!? And where should the stickers be!!!
Old 12-23-2005, 09:34 AM

Received 464 Likes on 396 Posts

You have to be a member to be able to see the pics.
Old 12-23-2005, 09:44 AM

Received 1,057 Likes on 540 Posts

The white sticker I see inside the your trunk lid, if it has your serial # on it and under that is a numerical code. I believe that is your radio code that will unlock it if the battery is disconnected.

fltsfshr
Old 12-23-2005, 09:48 AM

Where do you see a white sticker in my pictures? I don't see a thing.

*Edit: Nevermind that was stupid, I see that one now. Anything else to look for?

Quick Reply: Finally an owner! Some "is this normal" questions