S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Finally an owner! Some "is this normal" questions

Old 12-23-2005, 10:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SIIK2NR,Dec 23 2005, 01:06 PM
Your being paranoid....
I disagree. I would imagine the parts with 'Safe Parts' stickers on them are replacement parts.
Old 12-23-2005, 10:32 AM

Actually the more research I do, I think "safe parts" might have something to do with the security system.

Honda told me the car had a lo-jack when I had them inspect it, and when I google safe parts I get a company named safe guard, and they seem to have something to do with security detection systems.

I'll keep looking.
Old 12-23-2005, 10:43 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Your keys being left in the keyhole for the trunk will scratch your paint up pretty bad. Use the keyfob to open the trunk!

Call the number on the Safeparts stickers and ask what kind of company they are. That will solve your question.
Old 12-23-2005, 10:43 AM

Why not give Safe Parts (Safe Gaurd) a call? The number on the sticker is (800) 742-7896.
Old 12-23-2005, 10:49 AM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Q1 Answer) Looks like you missing something but since I have an AP1 (2002) I can't say for sure. If you bumper is flapping around you might be missing a support bracket as well (possible damage repair).

Q2 Answer) Looks like someone had your center console apart and lost some clips, should only be a few dollars to replace. Check http://www.hardtopguy.com if you need to order some replacement parts.

Q3 Answer) Possibly while adding/removing your security system someone messed up the wiring for you high beams.

Q4 Answer) The fuse box in an S2000 has no cover.

Q5 Answer) The safeparts stickers do look like some kind of security thing. I hear stolen cars are a huge problem in Miami. Also, for being a 2004 it's surprising to see the OEM battery has been replaced (and with a cheapy at that). The battery looks much smaller than the OEM, you might want to check into a proper replacement.

Q6 Answer) You should have at least one sticker with the VIN on it, this is a white rectangular sticker with an alphanumeric starting with the letter J... If you have another sticker with your radio code back there that's fine, dealers stick these in various places when they PDI the car.
Old 12-23-2005, 11:22 AM

Received 120 Likes on 95 Posts

Go to a friendly body and interior place for the clips missing. Sounds like the bumper cover could've been replaced? If the cover was all that was damaged, not the quarter panels, then it is impossible to tell unless the repaint job was crappy (it's painted off of the car).

I'd be worried more about the mechanicals, and think of having differential and tranny fluids changed. Don't forget to have tire money saved so you won't have to skim on tires. Your mileage could mean that you'll be do in the back and/or front.
Old 12-23-2005, 11:51 AM

There is too much that points to previous damage to me. You said that the car was repo'd. Could be possible damage from a towing company on the rear bumper. The battery being replaced was really weird to me at first, but now I am thinking that its a 2 year old car with under 3000 miles on it. Must have sat for a long period of time and killed the battery. The missing clips are an oddity on the console. too. Why was that pulled apart? You may never know. Bring the car to a good body shop and have them look at it. Only an experienced body shop tech could really tell if bodywork was done previously. They do this work all the time and know what to look for. The average tech at the local Honda dealer you brought it to may have missed something.
Old 12-23-2005, 12:07 PM

Okay so I looked at it closer.

Safeparts seems to be a company that protects your investment on leased vechiles. It seems to provide coverage on top of protection your regular insurance. I suppose thats a good thing.

I am worried about those missing clips on the bumper. I can easily put them back on myself, but if the bumper was replaced that kind of pisses me off. Regardless I had dinner tonight (Christmas) with my family lawyer and he told me if the bumper was replaced and they (a dealer) sold the car avertising no paint or body work then he'll send them a nasty letter and get some kind of compensation.

I'll take it back to Honda and have them inspect it again and get their opinion. The cars drives perfect though and Honda said it was "as if brand new" the last time I had them inspect it. Is there anything close to the bumper I should worry about if they did indeed change the bumper? I got under the car and the exhaust looks fine and I don't see any damage on the quarter panels or wheel well or anything.

As long as there isnt anything big that will hurt resale or the WARRANTY then I am fine I guess.

Maybe I need to find a local S2K owner to volunteer to take it for a spirited drive and compare it with theres =) . . . I'll keep everyeone posted.

mosesbotbol: with my mileage I might need to do the front and/or back? It's got 3000 miles now! lol . . . I know the rears wear out fast, but I'd assume I still got some time? lol

S2kDude: Thanks for taking all the time to reply!

WilliamBJB: I did, they are closed for Christmas but they have an extension to make a claim. It seems to be some kind of added security thing policy for leased vechiles. At least I know the previous owner cared about the car.

AZDavid: yes I know! Good eye and I'm sorry! lol

* Oh and does anyone know if the high beams and the low beams have a seperate fuse?
Old 12-23-2005, 12:46 PM

As long as your glove box wasn't fooled around with, you should be fine. That's the #1 clue that your car was in an accident.
Old 12-23-2005, 01:02 PM

Just something else to think about.... the rear bumper may have been replaced due to warranty for a poor fitting rear bumper. Mine was. Go here for more info:

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=311610

Jeff

Quick Reply: Finally an owner! Some "is this normal" questions