S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

forced induction for the s2k

Old 02-03-2004, 11:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree to go with the AEM.

There are other turbo kits available, we just don't know how reputable they are. I believe revhard has one, SSR-Engineering has one as well.

320+ rwhp should be attainable with just about any kit with bolt ons such as a high flow cat (or no cat if you wanna kill us all), 3 in turbo back exhaust, race gas, and excellent tuning.

But why? UR managed a 12.70@112 with a 3in cat back on stock tires and 294rwhp. Seems fast enough for me...for at least a few months
Old 02-04-2004, 04:57 AM

1) Definitely get an AEM EMS. Like others have said it should cost you a bit over $1000.

2) Yes, Speedcraft is gone. However Stage6 is still around I believe. They are selling essentially the same kit as Speedcraft. One of the guys that works there worked for Speedcraft in the past and helped design the kit.

3) Jerrypeterson is right if you want 300+ hp you should start building the motor or plan on running race gas at all times.

I have the Speedcraft kit and am very happy with it. The only thing I would change (and will do this weekend) is to upgrade the injectors and get rid of the Vortech FMU.
Old 02-04-2004, 04:25 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by dre107
I agree to go with the AEM.
Old 02-04-2004, 04:30 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by E-Heezy
1) Definitely get an AEM EMS.
Old 02-04-2004, 05:01 PM

You DO NOT HAVE TO BUILD THE ENGINE IF YOU WANT 300 WHEEL HORSEPOWER.

NO!!!!

These forums are horrible for people to post shit about stuff they have little personal experience with. I'm very comfortable with my S2K putting down 350 rwhp. That's somewhere in the 380 horsepower range. Stock block.

A turbo S2k running 300 horsepower, will not even begin to be a strain on the engine ***AS LONG AS IT IS TUNED PROPERLY***. Use the AEM, get a turbo tuned by a professional, and the engine will happily run to redline without blowing up.

Sheesh.
Old 02-04-2004, 05:02 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by jerrypeterson

I recommend replacing the engine internals for anything over 300whp.
Old 02-04-2004, 05:36 PM

Originally posted by Jason00S2000
NO!!!!
These forums are horrible for people to post shit about stuff they have little personal experience with. I'm very comfortable with my S2K putting down 350 rwhp. That's somewhere in the 380 horsepower range. Stock block.
A turbo S2k running 300 horsepower, will not even begin to be a strain on the engine ***AS LONG AS IT IS TUNED PROPERLY***. Use the AEM, get a turbo tuned by a professional, and the engine will happily run to redline without blowing up.
Sheesh.
Ah, just as I thought, thx for confirming me though!!
Old 02-04-2004, 05:43 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

The short answer is: Lot's of reasons. Again, its not difficult to make 300whp, its whether the car will run for very long. Feel free to question my experience all you want... Also, feel free to use the search button and save yourself some trouble.

There have been a plethora of blown (literal sense) engines in the last three years. The stock injectors are near the limit of flow above 300whp and running more than a half bar with 11:1 compression could be reasonably characterized as a "dumb idea." We are still talking pump gas right? With forced induction it seems pretty nuts to run with the stock ECU and some band-aid electronics. The stock cooling system and oiling system are being asked to disapate at least 50% more heat... etc... etc... On and on. If you think eeking 350whp out of the stock internals with a bolt on turbo and an ECU replacement would be usable for any prolonged duration at the limit, you are quite the optomist. You may even be practicing the very hypocrisy you wish to stem.

But then again I might not know jack-squat about forced induction on an S2000.
Old 02-04-2004, 05:50 PM

Originally posted by Jason00S2000
NO!!!!
Sheesh.
Actually, your wrong and right about forums being horrible for people to post shit about stuff they have little personal experience with.

Your right cause of your reasons. Your also wrong cause when people post shit that they don't know, we have people like you that can correct us and guide us in the right direction. After all we do make mistakes right?
Old 02-04-2004, 06:33 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by jerrypeterson
The short answer is: Lot's of reasons.

Quick Reply: forced induction for the s2k