S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Funny Story (At Nissan Dealership)

Old 05-25-2004, 12:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I thought i would share this story with you guys, very short.

I was at the Nissan dealership this weekend, test driving the 350z. I told her i was thinking about getting the s2000 but wasn't sure. After the test drive, i sat down with her and she was telling me why i shouldn't buy the s2000. She told me she used to work at honda, and if i want to feel vtec on the s2000 i would have to drive over 100mph for it to actually work. And she asked me, "how often do you go over 100mph?". Yea, i thought that was pretty funny. My reponse to her was that, hmm.no. I told that I drive an accord and i feel the vtec lift everytime i floor it. But yea, that was my story.
Old 05-25-2004, 12:58 PM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

It's amazing how many people lie on a daily basis in the hopes of making themselves sound smart.
Old 05-25-2004, 01:07 PM

I have to commend you on your self-restraint. I would've really wanted to smack her in the face. VTEC operates according to RPMs, not mph...what an idiot! No car has something special that happens with the engine after 100mph. At least, no normal car.
Old 05-25-2004, 01:14 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

When people tell me things that are obviously false, I ask them how they came to that conclusion. Then you find out if they're merely ignorant of the product they're slamming, or just an idiot.

Years ago when I was working on my Master's in Electrical Engineering, I was in the local Circuit City looking at picking up another receiver for home when the sales "kid" approached me. I don't know about now, but back then CC used to pride itself on the fact that every electronics salesperson was sent through a class where they were taught all kinds of "useful" electronics-based terms.

After the usual introductions, he asked me if I knew anything about stereos and how to tell the difference between the good and bad ones. Of course, I played along and said "no". His first question/statement was "Do you know what solid-state electronics are? No? Well, only the systems that use solid-state amplifiers are quality and this brand X doesn't, brand Y is poor construction, etc." Of course, the brand X he pointed to was the one I currently owned, which was fully solid-state, as were EVERY brand he mentioned and had on the shelves After listening to the crap roll out of his mouth for a couple of minutes, I grew bored, told him he hadn't a clue what he was talking about, that I was working on my Master's at the local university (Purdue), taught him more in 60 seconds than he learned all day in that stupid CC class, and pointed to the one I wanted.

As he walked away to get a box, I heard him mumble "I hate working in this town..." Evidently he had tried this crap on more than one Purdue EE student
Old 05-25-2004, 01:16 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Nero
I have to commend you on your self-restraint.
Old 05-25-2004, 01:59 PM

Received 53 Likes on 50 Posts

i would've looked at her...remained silent...walked up...and left. and bust out laughing on my way out the door.
Old 05-25-2004, 06:55 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

She is a HO'
Old 05-25-2004, 07:06 PM

Originally posted by honda606
It's amazing how many people lie on a daily basis in the hopes of making themselves sound smart.

to make themselves sound smart AND to sell some cars, you really need to lie about the 350z to sell them.
Old 05-25-2004, 07:45 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey Mac I didnt realize you went to Purdue. I just spent 8 years of my life there. Although I ended up finishing my EE minor at Vanderbilt.
Old 05-25-2004, 07:48 PM

actually there ARE cars where special things happen at certain speeds
i think some beamers benz the car automatically lowers at high speeds
and porshes spoiler rises with speed i believe haha
but yea vtec at 100 das sad ....

Quick Reply: Funny Story (At Nissan Dealership)