S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

FURIOUS! Found multiple dings/dents on my S2000 from return visit to dealership!

Old 10-01-2001, 04:33 PM
Muz
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LOL ... then let me rephrase that slightly ...
Old 10-02-2001, 05:08 AM
Former Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Got my S2000 back. . .DENT FREE!

No dents or dings now! They all came out. . .amazing! I plan on posting some really great pics that show how bad the dents were before and what it looks like now! Just waiting on my new Dell!
Old 10-02-2001, 05:31 AM
Former Moderator

Nearly forgot to mention this. The same dealer that I bought my S2000 from. . .LeJeune Honda in Jacksonville, NC. . .

Yes. . .the same dealer where I paid a whopping $6k over sticker at and the same dealer where I have had every single service/warranty work done to the car! Yes, every single one, never missed one and never had any one else do service to my car! NEVER!

Well after yesterday the General Sales Manager said that the owner of the dealership was very upset over the whole ordeal and they would prefer if I use someone else for my maintenance needs as their technicians are "SCARED" to touch my car!

Can you believe it!?! Scared to touch my car. . .you know, I should of just not worried about the dents. . .right? I mean, so what if theres a huge dent on my car that refracts light every which way and is noticable from at least 3 miles away! I should have just taken it to repair myself. . .damn the costs!

Ah, no. . .I like what I did better!
Old 10-02-2001, 05:33 AM
JRM

Originally posted by Utah S2K

ROFLOL.....Here in the States we say "Knock on Wood". Females may "Touch Wood" and it is welcomed by the US male.
AAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! Mines more like balsa! Muz that did sound alittle dainty! You little savage! HAHAHAH
Old 10-02-2001, 06:07 AM
Tox

Originally posted by airgate
...after yesterday the General Sales Manager said that the owner of the dealership was very upset over the whole ordeal and they would prefer if I use someone else for my maintenance needs as their technicians are "SCARED" to touch my car!
Owner upset (check). But wait!

Owner upset at you!!! (Sound of check-mark being erased.)

That's really choice. So this dealership (HEY! ALL YOU HONDA CORPORATE LURKERS! THAT'S LEJEUNE HONDA OF JACKSONVILLE, NC!!!) is systematically getting rid of all its customers who are anal fusspots like you, the kind of detail freaks that expect to get their cars back without dents in them. Not to mention other ridiculously trivial details like wishing their spark plugs to be tightened, their tires mounted so they rotate the right way, and their oil filler caps screwed in rather than left on top of their valve covers. And not just once, either -- these people expect this kind of service every time!!!

Getting rid of you certainly makes sense to me. How can any mechanic possibly satisfy people with such impossibly high standards?
Old 10-02-2001, 06:21 AM
Former Moderator

HeHeHaHa. . .
Old 10-02-2001, 07:53 AM

I think this thread brings up a very good point. Before getting any kind of repair work done, it might be a good idea to insist on walking around the car with the service manager and getting a signature to say that the car was delivered with no dings or dents. When you hire a car, you usually have to go through that ritual before you drive off, and when you return the car, so why don't service departments initiate that approach (before they let their mechanics loose) whenever you take your car in for a service or repair?
Old 10-02-2001, 07:55 AM

Ouch!!!! Sorry to hear about this Raul..... Some people just don't pay attention to what something looks like before they start. It's irritating when some mechanics treat other peoples nice things just like the piece-of-c**p they have sitting in their own driveway. That's why, when ever I drop my vehicles to be worked on, I always tell them that I am the pickiest person that they will never want to piss off...... In Other Words "It Better Damn Well Come Out Of Here The Same Way It Went In" Comprende'? Anyway, I'm sorry to hear that someone couldn't show the same respect for your car that you do..... CHOW....RADSTER (Kevin)
Old 10-02-2001, 08:40 AM

hey does anybody know of any good dealerships in Southern California that do good jobs when doing service on cars? ie not taking the car out for a long test drive, jumping on the various body parts to reach some part of the car, not smoking/revving the engine, etc. i have always been quite scared of leaving my car at dealerships and this just proves my theory. well if anyone can recommend one down here it would be much appreciated. somewhere close to the torrance area would even be nicer. theres a couple down here like scott robinson and gardena honda.
Old 10-02-2001, 09:19 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am taking my car into Honda Thursday for some routine stuff, plus a few service things like the transmission clicking during low revs and the top latch making noises. I hope they don't ding my car. I been taking it to West Broad Honda and the one guy I see, Scott, he usually knows how to handle the car. I don't mind him driving the car a bit to see what the problem is. Since I got new wheels, they are off and the back tends to rub, I know if they go over the bump really hard, it will probably put a dent in the fender so I hope they will listen to me and pay attention.

I took my Honda accord to West Broad a few years back, and it was lowered and the service guy who drove it out, some kid, went fast over the speed bump, well, needless to say, the front body kit and the side fender got messed up and cracked. Honda took responsibility for all that and fixed it. They even fixed some of the dents I already had. So at this particular location, I am happy with them.

plus, I paid 7K over list. So I BETTER get good Customer service.

Quick Reply: FURIOUS! Found multiple dings/dents on my S2000 from return visit to dealership!