S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Gas begining to hurt any other S owners?

Old 04-01-2005, 09:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gas begining to hurt any other S owners?

So is anyone else here worried about the increasing gas prices and the fact that there is no end in sight? I figure by this time next year gas will be around 3.50 a gallon (premium in the Midwest) and that is gonna suck! First off, those moronic republicans' in Washington need to release some of the reserves, to ease prices, but then I guess the Bush's and Chenny's might not make as much money now, would they. Second, some of these domestic gas companies like Phillips need to not rake the prices up just to follow suit. I guess I don't understand how if they don't purchase or sell foreign oil, why the prices would be effected when no t enough foreign oil is being produced.

Anyway, I love my S and I love to drive it the way it was meant to be driven, but at these current and future prices, I don't know if it could be anything more than a weekend car!

Anyone else???

Oh and at least the opened up the wild life reserves so that in ten years gas may not have to hit $8 a gallon, or maybe they can just put the output into the reserves...
Old 04-01-2005, 09:43 AM

Considering the relatively good fuel efficiency of the S2000, we have no reason to complain about gas prices. Imagine if you were driving an RX-8 or an STi, or an H2.

I hope this really really hurts all SUV owners.
Old 04-01-2005, 09:43 AM

yeah the gas prices suck but i'm not trying to really think of it's that bad, my city now has hit $2.29 highest it's ever been, but I know it's as of right now only going to be $2 more than i use to pay per tank. So i'm not worried that much.
Old 04-01-2005, 09:45 AM

even if it's up a quarter per gallon from about 2.25 to 2.50, that's only about 3 bucks per fill up. I could easily erase that cost by not buying a coke when I get gas.
Old 04-01-2005, 10:01 AM

See the way I am looking at it is that it has just cost me a little over $50.00 to fill up both my element and "S" in two days! That is a lot, and the element gets filled up about once a week while the "S" every other week. To me, we shouldn't tolerate it, I do not know how to do so but we shouldn't.

Also, if you look at it as only a few bucks more now, then will you do the same on top of that next year, so really in a matter of two years you have possibly increased your cost by 6 - 8 dollars a tank, that is insane!
Old 04-01-2005, 10:11 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by CBeyond,Apr 1 2005, 10:43 AM
Um, all SUV owners?

What I drive is considered an SUV. However, I don't fill it with petroleum fuel. I use Bio Diesel in my H1.

In addition, I pay over $3.40/gallon for B100(100% bio) only to read crap like that from blind people such as yourself. What you need is a little education...

My fuel economy on B100 is as good, if not better than my S2000 and better than 50% of the other vehicles (SUV or not, new or used)out there on the road today.

Maybe you should "CBeyond" your own petroleum dependancies and realize that there are alternative fuel sources out there that are being used by people that you may be pointing your finger at and saying, "Ew, look at that tank".
Old 04-01-2005, 10:16 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Kid_Niki,Apr 1 2005, 01:36 PM
So is anyone else here worried about the increasing gas prices and the fact that there is no end in sight? I figure by this time next year gas will be around 3.50 a gallon (premium in the Midwest) and that is gonna suck! First off, those moronic republicans' in Washington need to release some of the reserves, to ease prices, but then I guess the Bush's and Chenny's might not make as much money now, would they. Second, some of these domestic gas companies like Phillips need to not rake the prices up just to follow suit. I guess I don't understand how if they don't purchase or sell foreign oil, why the prices would be effected when no t enough foreign oil is being produced.

Anyway, I love my S and I love to drive it the way it was meant to be driven, but at these current and future prices, I don't know if it could be anything more than a weekend car!

Anyone else???

Oh and at least the opened up the wild life reserves so that in ten years gas may not have to hit $8 a gallon, or maybe they can just put the output into the reserves...
Public transportation, plain and simple. Its there for a reason, use it. Stop buying a $5 coffee everyday and you'll save more than what the higher prices in gas will cost you. Me personally, I'm not all too worried about the price. If it goes up it goes up and I'll be right there paying for it. When it comes down to it, paying $2.50 to drive 25 miles is still a pretty decent deal.
Old 04-01-2005, 10:18 AM
Administrator

[QUOTE=CBeyond,Apr 1 2005, 10:43 AM] Considering the relatively good fuel efficiency of the S2000, we have no reason to complain about gas prices.
Old 04-01-2005, 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by CBeyond,Apr 1 2005, 01:43 PM
Considering the relatively good fuel efficiency of the S2000, we have no reason to complain about gas prices. Imagine if you were driving an RX-8 or an STi, or an H2.

relatively good, yes, but great, no.. So don't bitch at the SUV owners for burning more gas than they have to, when you are doing the same thing in an S2000.
Old 04-01-2005, 10:29 AM

Received 17 Likes on 6 Posts

:thumbsup: Is that the "grassoline" i've heard about. I think that stuff is great...too bad it isn't practical for everyone right now. If it were, i'd buy some TDI VW and get 40mpg on cheap, clean, domestic, renewable fuel!

You must admit though, you are of a select few doing their part. I've seen too many soccer moms pick up their kids in H2's (poser-mobile). If they want to get 8mpg for a car that they don't use to its fullest potential, then hell...it's a free country. I'm just glad I can take my car to a race track and get better mileage than they can on their grocery getter.

I thought I read somewhere that gas is not that much more expensive than it was 15 years ago given inflation. Plus, it's still more expensive everywhere else (except brazil I think). Anyway the way I see it is you can either:

A) complain
B) buy a more fuel efficient car
C) walk/bike more
D) deal with it

I'm only ready to do C and D myself...

Oh, and not to spark more controversy, but IIRC, gas prices were going up when Clinton was in office as well.

Quick Reply: Gas begining to hurt any other S owners?