S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Goal Vol. First s2k

Old 09-02-2012, 08:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Goal Vol. First s2k

What's up Everyone

I'm new to the community and i've been thinking about getting an S2K for awhile now.

i decided to finally setup a goal of saving up and getting it.

if i go broke college style it should be completed by April.

EDIT CAR BUYING IN PROCESS.

2001 AP1 WITH 84K MILES FOR 9K
Old 09-02-2012, 09:06 AM

Received 95 Likes on 73 Posts

Welcome!

financing is not an option?
Old 09-02-2012, 09:16 AM

you'll never spend your money better
Old 09-02-2012, 09:21 AM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Sounds like a plan.

Is 12k including taxes and whatnot? and have you factored in increase in insurance, maintenance, etc?

How much emergency money do you plan to set aside?

I'm sort of in the similar boat... I have the money to purchase an S outright though. I'm just not sure how much to blow on a car heh. I suppose I can always take out a loan but I hate the thought of having to pay interest on something that will depreciate.
Old 09-02-2012, 12:05 PM

i'm a freshman in college and working a job, i don't want to do any financing or be in debt. 12k is probably without the taxes and then i'll get the extra 1-2k from my

parents as a loan. as for insurance and maintenance i'm planning to make about 3k during the summer. I currently already have a DD the s2k would be like my prized car.
Old 09-02-2012, 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by RedCelica
Welcome!

financing is not an option?
I plan on buying it off craigslist once i have the money and there's a good deal.
Old 09-02-2012, 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by Photo
Sounds like a plan.

Is 12k including taxes and whatnot? and have you factored in increase in insurance, maintenance, etc?

How much emergency money do you plan to set aside?

I'm sort of in the similar boat... I have the money to purchase an S outright though. I'm just not sure how much to blow on a car heh. I suppose I can always take out a loan but I hate the thought of having to pay interest on something that will depreciate.

and also i completely agree with you on the loan. good thing is the s2k's are still honda's so maintenance shouldn't be too bad. my friends dad owns a car shop so that should help also. i say just buy it then slowly tweak it to your own style over the years.
Old 09-04-2012, 04:20 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by satten
and also i completely agree with you on the loan. good thing is the s2k's are still honda's so maintenance shouldn't be too bad. my friends dad owns a car shop so that should help also. i say just buy it then slowly tweak it to your own style over the years.
They tend to be reliable but you still have to replace tires more frequently (and they tend to be pricier tires as well) and get alignments more frequently. Definitely check what insurance will cost you.
Old 09-04-2012, 07:18 AM

Originally Posted by takeshi
Originally Posted by satten' timestamp='1346616484' post='21982974
They tend to be reliable but you still have to replace tires more frequently (and they tend to be pricier tires as well) and get alignments more frequently. Definitely check what insurance will cost you.
True but there is always good deals here on tires through our sponsors and as far as alignments are concerned, go to Firestone and get their life time alignment plan. its $180 but you can mod your car how you like and they will never ask questions when you bring it in. Since December I think I have gotten 9 alignments. So yea its worth it.
Old 09-04-2012, 10:26 AM

If you're going to school, i would make sure you have a safe place to park it since the top is likely to get cut for the seats.

As far as buying it, make sure you have a dependable source of income and get a loan for it through a bank. Buying it outright doesn't do anything for your credit. Finance whatever gives you a good monthly payment. having no credit is just as bad as having bad credit.

Quick Reply: Goal Vol. First s2k