S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

God I hate IDIOTS that high beam!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-18-2003, 07:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default God I hate IDIOTS that high beam!!!!!!!!!

Ok high beam me once and I can understand considering the s2000 headlights.

But these 2 types piss me off the most:

1.) Idiots who high beam, then I slow down, get behind them and high beam to show them that my HIDs arent my high beams, then they go ahead and highbeam me again.

2.) People who have HID's that high beam me.

God it's like they're so idiotic. How can it not comprehend?
Old 12-18-2003, 08:04 PM

High beam them back!
Old 12-18-2003, 08:08 PM

I usually do the hand wave thing or look back at them weird.
And if they keep it up after i drive slow i give the finger.
Doesn't happen often though.
Old 12-18-2003, 08:38 PM

If you're having that many people flash their high beams at you, did it ever occure to you that maybe you need to get your headlights aimed? If they're sitting a little to the high side, especially with HID's, it can be VERY irritating to oncoming traffic.

I mean no disrespect but maybe it's not the other guy who's being an idiot.

Drive Safe,
Steve R.
Old 12-18-2003, 09:11 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Intrepid175
If you're having that many people flash their high beams at you, did it ever occure to you that maybe you need to get your headlights aimed?
Old 12-18-2003, 09:18 PM

I had an experience this summer where a lady high-beamed me, but she apologized at the next light for doing it. She said she didn't realize that my low-beams were so bright.

So maybe you should learn not to take it so personally. Not every action in life requires or deserves a response.
Old 12-18-2003, 09:21 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by allkingz
I had an experience this summer where a lady high-beamed me, but she apologized at the next light for doing it. She said she didn't realize that my low-beams were so bright.
Old 12-18-2003, 11:59 PM

next time bring a gun and shoot out their headlights
Old 12-19-2003, 04:22 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Before HID's were becoming popular, I would flash my highbeams at people who I thought had their's on. Being in a low car (the CRX at the time) I found repeatedly that I was mistaking trucks (SUVs and pickups) with they normal headlights on for vehicles with highbeams - they'd flash me back. Now I'm too paranoid to flash even people I'm SURE have their highbeams on (cause I don't want to make a mistake). But, I don't find too many cars with HID's both me. It's still mostly trucks.

What bother's me the most, is at night when SUVs and pickups ride close (in heavy but fast moving traffic) with their highbeams on. It's absolutely distracting, and I believe dangerous. They're blinding oncoming traffic (even on a divided highway) not to mention distracting me. I could let them pass, but that's what they want, isn't it? Why should I let someone acting like an @$$ get what they want?

Anyway, that's my little rant. I just wish people in this country, as we are a driving society, would be a lot more educated about other vehicles, rules of the road, and in SC driving in bad weather, as well as more tolerant and less obnoxious. Flashing highbeams used to be to say "hey, you may have forgotten," but now people don't flash, they just turn them on, like its revenge or something. Wake up Americans, STOP BEING @$$HOLES to each other(disclaimer: keep in mind I'm American).
Old 12-19-2003, 04:31 AM

I get flashed all the time. I know exactly what you are talking about YeLLoWs2knVA. I do the same thing, I get behind them and flash them. Or either I just drop it to third and get so far ahead of them so their highbeams don't hurt my eyes. This takes less them 4 or 5 seconds by the way.

Quick Reply: God I hate IDIOTS that high beam!!!!!!!!!