S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Going through withdrawal - What do you do during the winter months?

Old 11-14-2003, 10:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Going through withdrawal - What do you do during the winter months?

To All S2K owners who put their baby in storage for the winter...

Hello, this is the first year I have owned an S2K and have put precious in storage for the remainder of the cold months. What do you guys do to help get through these terrible months without being able to drive your baby? It's only been about 3 or 4 weeks and I can barely stand it anymore. It's especially bad when I get into my winter car every morning and I see that beast just sitting in the garage. Any tips, ideas, anything on what one can do to help get through this horrible time???? I'm open to anything as I know it's only going to get much harder. I'm in Chicago and we won't see decent weather again for a solid 5 months!!!

Thanks in advance,

A saddened S2K driver.
Old 11-14-2003, 10:37 AM
Community Organizer

I get in my car and drive it.... Sometimes with the top down.....

(I had the top down the other night late when I was coming back from the University).

Oh, you wanted advice from those that live up in the rust belt... Sorry, no advice here
Old 11-14-2003, 10:39 AM

When I go thru withdrawal.. I usually take a nice drive down the freeway, or maybe even a nice drive down to the beach.. It's pretty nice this time of year..

Sorry...
Old 11-14-2003, 11:40 AM

Hey!!!

You guys are not helping me out here! I don't live where "ya'll" live in Texas...
Old 11-14-2003, 11:53 AM

i'm with them. top off 2 days ago.... sorry to drive the stake deeper..... go tx!
Old 11-14-2003, 11:58 AM

Gran Turismo, Gran Turismo 2, Gran Turismo 3, Anything from the Need for Speed series, watch a lot of Initial D, Take your beater drifting through the snow and surf the net a lot. At least you got to drive yours before winter hit, mine is coming in December so I have 4 months to look at it before I can even take it out of the garage
Old 11-14-2003, 12:00 PM

Move to a warmer place.

Sorry PJ...just drove with the top down this past Tuesday here in ATL.

Advice: I ultimately just drive the S anyway if I get a hankerin' to do so...weather be damned.
Old 11-14-2003, 12:12 PM

buy a hardtop-- now problem solved
Old 11-14-2003, 12:17 PM

Taking a s2000 out in the winter is actually quite fun. It feels like it has an extra 50 hp with only 1/2 the grip. Can you say "FUN". It's not like it doesn't work because it's cold out or anything. Owning a sportbike is actually a lot worse becuase you DEFINATELY cannot take that out in the winter.
Old 11-14-2003, 01:57 PM

The first year I had my S2000 I would not even drive it in the rain. I kept it covered in my garage all winter. I would never drive it to the grocery store, mall. etc., for fear of damage.

It was not much fun.

Now, after four years, I drive it everywhere, year round, in all kinds of weather, as long as there is no snow, ice or salt on the roads. It has suffered no ill effects and I enjoy it much more.

My S2000 has brightened many a dreary winter day. Sometimes I dress warmly and put the top down, even with temperatures in the 20's and 30's.

ewcollins@att.net
2000 Red/Black #836
http://s2000.home.att.net

Quick Reply: Going through withdrawal - What do you do during the winter months?