S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Got SMOKED today

Old 10-15-2000, 02:51 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

But it was fun!

Tom (Palmateer), his wife Hope, and I were out with the Stooks for a little twisty fun this afternoon and had the good fortune to roll up behind a new 911 turbo at the light. When the light turned we all took off... ok, let me rephrase: he took off, and Tom and I did what we could to keep up! We went into the twisties and held our own fairly well with him, but the Porsche driver rocketed out of the corners and into the straights while I redline-shifted my poor car with a stupified look of "...wow..."

I didn't get a feeling of the "steel-necked Porsche owner" from this guy at all! He smiled a lot, seemed even a little impressed that we were still where we were in relation to him!

Wow, what a cool thing to see and to be able to play with in nearly the perfect environment! Oh, and my apologies to Hope, Tom, I hope I didn't make you scare her too badly trying to keep up! I'll understand if she doesn't want you to "play" with me anymore!

Notably, I also passed an MD-X going the opposite direction in the middle of all this, but not strangely, my attention was riveted somewhere else, so I didn't get a great look!

We went on from the twisties to the hills of central Florida, an equally nice treat! Nice rolling hills, gentle curves (well, compared to earlier, anyway).

What an awesome day! Thanks, Tom, for the invitation, and we should get a bigger group together for this next time!
Old 10-15-2000, 02:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Taunting a 911 Turbo. You sick, sick people.

Sounds like fun!
Old 10-15-2000, 02:59 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

no no no no no....

HE taunted ME!!!
Old 10-15-2000, 03:02 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I also got to play next to a new 911 on the weekend. There was some traffic so we were just tooling and launching off lights etc. He pulled up next to me and said "Nice car". I returned the compliment as I have no doubt it was genuine. All in all I nice experience. Still, not as good as Sondra's fun in the twisties.
Old 10-15-2000, 03:35 PM

Originally posted by Sondra S2K:
But it was fun!.................
Well just considered how much the 911 costs!
Anyway, just got back from my Sunday ride and encountered (list)
1. Tricked out NSX...just talked, he knew he could blow me away!
2. 1970 Chevelle SS 454..very clean, very fast in a straight line!
3. A Miata that didn't know what an S2K can do...poor guy.
4. Multiple Z3s....too snooty what's up with that

The S2k is the ultimate combo of performance, comfort and fun!
Old 10-15-2000, 03:47 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I actually had an Expedition (!!!) try and take me The Bostonian yuppies must be smokin' the local shrubbery!

Now normally I just let idiots pass me by, but this d**khead wouldn't let it die until I let him have it...so I did. By 5k in 2nd gear he was so far behind I could have fit two buses between us.

So when he catches up to me in the right lane, he swerves across my lane to make a left turn and runs the red. Can't these people go home with their tails between their legs like properly roasted dorks?
Old 10-15-2000, 04:00 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cool story, Sondra! Sounds like a blast...! I love getting smoked/spanked by 911 turbos...what an honor!

Old 10-15-2000, 04:23 PM
Former Moderator

I too don't mind getting spanked by Turbo's. The Jag XKR yesterday gave me a good fight though. I'm thinking this would make a great second car. The guy was like 50 or so. He pulled over on the shoulder and got out. I was thinking "this guys gonna kick my ass for something" alas he said how impressed he was with my car and mentioned that very very few have the car or the nerve to keep up with him.
It was fun
Old 10-15-2000, 04:29 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Sondra S2K:
[B]no no no no no....

HE taunted ME!!!
Old 10-15-2000, 04:53 PM
Sev

Mindcore:

How did you fair against the XKR, i raced the a little slower, XJR a while ago and beat him althoufh it was damn close, a lot of people refused to believe me on H-A though.

Thanks,

Sev

Quick Reply: Got SMOKED today