S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Got SMOKED today

Old 10-15-2000, 04:56 PM
Administrator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I love it! Lucky you Sondra. I personally love to challenge supercars. It not a "hey buddy do you wanta see if you can beat me" thing, it's more a "hey buddy show me what that thing can do, you lucky bastard!"

Nice!
Old 10-15-2000, 05:00 PM
CG

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Last week I was an instructor in a driving school. On the first set of parade laps I went out in a 911/930 turbo. Holy molley would that thing fly! At 70 in 2nd gear he could drop his right foot and light up the tires.
Old 10-15-2000, 05:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Sondra...

Bet it fun...

I played with a Boxter S this weekend, heading north of Chicago on 294.

The road was empty so I really cant say who won. We hit speeds of up to 140+, through the whole 4 mile race.

At the end we both got off the at the same ramp and smiled at each other and went into the opposite directions.

Lots of fun thourhg....

FK
Old 10-15-2000, 05:55 PM

Yes, that was fun. Sondra entertained us with a great set of twisties in North Tampa, and I reciprocated by leading her to the 20-mile roller coaster ride on Route 41 between St. Leo and Brooksville in Pasco and Hernando Counties. This is a rare rolling hills exception in what is otherwise the south-Central Florida flatlands!

Anybody who visits Florida is invited to come join us next time. If you already have twisties and rolling hills, then come just for the fine October-April weather!
Old 10-15-2000, 07:46 PM

Sounds like everyone had fun racing this weekend. I smoked some teenagers in a tricked out Integra Type-R yesterday, but that was about it. Tried to get a new BMW 330 to play, must have still been in break-in.

Then a tricked out Dodge Neon tried to race me today when I was going to Home Depot in the 4Runner. He was a little shocked when I smoked the tires
Old 10-15-2000, 08:31 PM
Former Moderator

Hey Sev, to start it wasn't a planed race, a guy ahead of us was poking along and when he turned off the Jag gunned it. I followed suit. It was on a street we dub the "Industrial Speedway" lots of tight turns.
I have to admit he was gaining on every straight, and I would pick him up on the bends. This car has some serious low end power. In a straight line which I think you are most familiar I think he would have beatin me hands down. On a track however the cars weight would be too much to overcome.
End result= lots of fun!
Old 10-15-2000, 09:19 PM

Saw a black Turbo at the dealer, that thing is sooooo beautiful, I wish I can affort one. I also test drove a Boxster-S, it's not as fun as the S2K, but it's got A WHOLE LOT better suspension than the S2K, and I can burn rubber ALOT easier. And my C4 is an old man's car, rides like a Lexus but no bodyroll on corners, no need for frequent gear changes
Old 10-16-2000, 02:11 AM

A few months back I pulled up behind a brand new beautiful black Turbo at an intersection. The girl driving it was a blonde who looked to be in her teens. Her passenger looked like her grandpa. Can you say, "Sugar daddy"? Anyway, she drove it like it was her father's Oldsmobile . . . what a waste!
Old 10-16-2000, 05:46 AM

Last time I had an encounter with 911 turbo, he wouldn't play with me
He must have been very frustrated about the break in period;-)
Old 10-16-2000, 06:10 AM

I've seen a few comments above about how nice the new 911 turbo looks?????

Is it just me or what because I think the 911 turbo is the worst looking '911' ever.

I appreciate it's abilities - it's an aweson car - but it sure looks aweful

IHMO

tim

Quick Reply: Got SMOKED today