S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Great Buying Experiences - April Huval at Moss Motors

Old 02-27-2002, 07:35 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Great Buying Experiences - April Huval at Moss Motors

Add me to the list of people who have received an outstanding buying experience from April Huval at Moss Motors. Very professional, knowledgeable, and exceptionally helpful. I can't say enough about her courteous nature and integrity (a rarity these days). Truly a top-flight, class act.

April went out of her way to find a Red exterior/Black interior 2002 Honda S2000. She worked to ensure Moss's team honored all of my "special" requests (from S2KI's dealer letter), from leaving the plastic on the interior to not even washing the car. I showed up at the Lafayette airport, April picked me up in a nice BMW X5, took the 4 minute drive to the dealership, and showed me the unmolested car. For anyone who has concerns about the dealer washing the car, fear not if you buy from Moss. They showed me their very high-end automated touchless (rinse-only is an option) car washing bay -- their staff does Hondas as well as the Mercedes and BMWs that Moss sells. I was on the road back to Dallas shortly after signing the paperwork; zero post-purchase dissonance.

As a side note, my M3 purchase was also an Internet-driven deal, this time from Andrew Zolper at Bill Jacobs BMW in Naperville (Chicago, IL), who did a great job of spoiling me as well. They e-mailed digital photos from inside & out of the car (it was a '97 Certified Pre-Owned just coming off lease) within 15 minutes of my initial phone call. We're talking close-ups of the brake rotors and wheels (to show the car was babied), plus faxes of the car's service history. It's such a relief to find dealers who understand "car people" (you know, those of us who maintain things meticulously, park in Egypt, borrow a person's truck and bring it back washed and full of fuel, overtip breakfast waitpeople, etc.). In Sales-ese, car people are also "influencers" who less car-inclined people turn to when they have a purchase decision. Never a good idea to torque the influencers....

Not that there weren't tons of dealer reps I met along the way who still wear the white face paint, red nose, and oversized clown shoes. Just glad they didn't get a commission from me (or the people I know) on our purchases.

All that to say, thanks to April and Moss Motors. If you get a chance to buy or order from them, rest assured you'll have no regrets.

"Speed... for lack of a better word, is good"
Stantaur the Barbarian
Old 02-27-2002, 08:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Though I haven't completed the transaction with April yet, she ordered me a Spa Yellow S2K last week! She was real helpful and friendly on the phone and I can't wait until it gets here in a few months! If there's anybody looking for an S2000 for under MSRP that's close to Lafayette, LA give her a call because when I spoke with her on Friday she had a red (maybe not anymore ) and a white in stock with a silver coming in later.

Mark
Old 02-28-2002, 01:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Perhaps April deserves a listing in the Library. I noticed that Moss Motors is already there with a different salesperson's name.