S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Happy (?) story about a blown motor

Old 11-15-2001, 12:04 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Happy (?) story about a blown motor

So I'm at Buena Park Honda this morning for some warranty items and a minor (7500 mile) service and the service writer mentions he has TWO S2000's in the shop with blown motors. One has head damage and the other has rods sticking out of the block

I say, "gee, he must've missed a downshift and now it'll cost him $6K."

And he says, "not exactly, it's gonna cost $9K, but his AAA auto insurance will cover it." He said it was similar to saying you slipped off a clutch pedal and ran into a wall, your insurance could cover that.

I'm stunned. So which one of you guys has this gullible insurance agent (and a sloppy shift habit) or should I be switching to AAA insurance ASAP?
Old 11-16-2001, 01:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

do all insurance companies in the USA cover for mechanical problems, cause in australia, motor insurance only covers for accidents not engine mishaps.
if so then i guess ur lucky
Old 11-16-2001, 03:36 AM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Interesting point. Cause if a rock hits your windshield your insurance will cover it.

Well apparently a rock has hit my A/C condenser. The repair is $1300.

I wonder what my insurance company will say?
Old 11-16-2001, 05:45 AM

wow i've never heard of an insurance company being so generous...do they offer this insurance in NJ? i'm sure it would cost an arm and a leg
Old 11-16-2001, 05:49 AM

Originally posted by AusS2000
Interesting point. Cause if a rock hits your windshield your insurance will cover it.

Well apparently a rock has hit my A/C condenser. The repair is $1300.

Aussie dollars though yeah?? Even so it sure makes me want to bump the front grill up my wish list...
Old 11-16-2001, 06:02 AM

Originally posted by AusS2000
Just for grins, after getting my windshield replaced by insurance, I called and asked about my headlights (pitted). They told me it is covered, but I'd have to pay the deductible ($200). I don't know how far they will go, such as repainting the front of the car due to rock chips, but one day I will ask just to see what their response is.
Old 11-16-2001, 10:12 AM

AAA insurance has been pretty good, at least in the past. Guess it's always worth a shot to see if your insurance company will cover damage like that. Maybe the better question to ask was, who is smart enough to ask their insurance company to cover the repair costs for a blown engine.
Old 11-16-2001, 10:30 AM

Farmers has been good to me. My Integra was in the shop for 2 months and I received a rental car allowance even though I did not need a rental car. Anyways, I forgot to collect the money from them. A year went by and I called my insurance agent and told him. Next morning a $1000 check arrived

Ryan
Old 11-16-2001, 11:25 AM

Received 280 Likes on 140 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Wesmaster
[B]Just for grins, after getting my windshield replaced by insurance, I called and asked about my headlights (pitted).
Old 11-16-2001, 11:25 AM

My understanding is that its part of your comprehensive policy, which is what replaces your windshield.

The comprehensive part of your policy covers damage not due to collision, which would be a windshield, blown engine, etc. It would be subject to your comprehensive deductable.

I'm not an insurance agent, but...

Quick Reply: Happy (?) story about a blown motor