S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Hardtop fixings - very confused

Old 09-12-2014, 08:04 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Hardtop fixings - very confused

Hi guys.

So I'm a Honda enthusiast, previously ITR DC2 and now have bought a S2000 silverstone grey AP2.

My S2k was sold to me saying it already has the fixings however no hardtop. I have now seen a hardtop one I want to buy which don't have fixings.

I just want to know are the fixings the metal parts in the body of the car which have the whole OR are the fixings the leaver which seems to be attached to the hardtop.

Sorry for the newbie question but Iv got to ask.

Please help

Thanks
Old 09-12-2014, 08:44 AM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Bobby Type R
My S2k was sold to me saying it already has the fixings however no hardtop. I have now seen a hardtop one I want to buy which don't have fixings.

I just want to know are the fixings the metal parts in the body of the car which have the whole OR are the fixings the leaver which seems to be attached to the hardtop.
I have no idea what "fixings" refers to... But if the intent was to communicate that the car was "hardtop ready", then my guess is that they have the hardtop strikers in the front of the car, and the rear catchers in the back of the car. Period. This would make the car "hardtop ready".

If that's the case, then you can get a hardtop without all of the OEM hardware... But you will want a hardtop with the lever and spikes that go into the rear catchers... Not many hardtops come with the lever/spikes, so you might have to buy them separately...