S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Hardtop Lock Security Sticker Design Contest

Old 02-12-2011, 10:06 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Hardtop Lock Security Sticker Design Contest

Hi Everyone,

As many of you have already known. We at Heeltoe Auto have designed, tested, and are now producing with the first ever Hardtop Locks!
(More info can be found here: (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.ph...f=184&t=836439)

In conjunction with our Hardtop Locks, we will be including security for the strikers/catchers as well but more importantly we will also be offering security stickers so people can put on their windows to warn potential thieves that their Hardtops are properly secured, a great thief deterrent in it of itself.

With that in mind we are going to open the design up to our S2000 community, then after we select the top 3 we will put it up for voting from everyone in the community.

Here are some things we are looking for:

Due Date: Start: 2/12/11
End: 2/21/11

Size: The same size as the OEM immobilizer sticker
Length 1.75in
Height 1.2in

Color: No more than two different colors on the whole sticker

Must include: Fastline Performance somewhere on the sticker (Heeltoe Autos Brand Name)

We will select the top 3 design, then allow the community to vote for which design they like best. 1st place winner will receive a gift certificate for a future purchase on anything from Heeltoe Auto.
1st Place: $100 Gift Certificate

If there are any questions about the design aspect, or our HT locks, please feel free to shoot me a PM and I will get back to you.
Old 02-13-2011, 11:25 AM
Former Sponsor

Files can be posted directly here or a link PM'd to me. The top three that are picked will all receive a prize. 1st 2nd and 3rd will be decided through voting to determin the amount each individual will receive! Thanks for all the interest.
Old 02-14-2011, 01:25 PM
Former Sponsor

Please send submissions to: support@heeltoeauto.com!

Thanks for the participation
Old 02-14-2011, 03:13 PM

Received 3,387 Likes on 2,458 Posts

how about this

"Protected by Smith and Wesson"

Dam I wish we could own handguns in my country, and I could back it up.
Old 02-14-2011, 08:50 PM

If you were willing to offer cash instead of a gift certificate I might be interested. $50 isn't a whole lot for a commission like this to begin with.
Old 02-16-2011, 08:36 AM
Former Sponsor

Thanks for your interest. But since this will be going on people's cars, we thought it be best to give the community the opportunity to decide what goes on their cars, instead of just designing what we thought should go on their car

We hope that someone with an idea or some skills can whip something up and send it to us. We will then see which one we like best and put it up for voting. If you think you can design a great sticker, please shoot us a PM and we can discuss it further.
Old 02-16-2011, 05:19 PM
Former Sponsor

We decided to up the amount and give it to the winner of the design contest. $100 certificate for the best design as voted by the community!
Old 02-17-2011, 01:47 AM

Design "contests" like this are unfair to the designers. This is what is commonly referred to in my profession as "spec work":

What is spec work?

Basically, spec work is any kind of creative work rendered and submitted, either partial or completed, by a designer to a prospective client/employer before taking steps to secure both their work and an equitable fee. Under these conditions, a designer will often be requested to submit work under the guise of either a contest or an entry exam on actual, existing jobs as a “test” of their skill. In addition, the designer normally unwittingly loses all rights to their creative work because they failed to protect themselves by means of a signed binding contract or agreement. The client/employer often uses this freely gained work as they see fit without fear of legal repercussion.

...This also promotes the practice of designers ridiculously undercharging themselves in the hopes of “outbidding” any potential rivals, devaluing both their skills and those of the graphics industry in the process. Promoting this method encourages some clients/employers to continue preying on uninformed creatives for menially valued labor.
Cliffs notes: If you submit something in a "design contest" before signing a contract or getting paid, the contest holder gets your work for free and can use it as they like (win or lose). You, meanwhile, get nothing unless you win.

More info here: http://www.no-spec.com/faq/

Not trying to criticize the guys at Heeltoe, since their intentions may be good, but I want to educate some of the less experienced designers here before they get taken advantage of in the future (as I have in the past).

To the guys at Heeltoe: I encourage you to employ a professional graphic designer. You'll get better and more consistent work that way.
Old 02-20-2011, 08:58 AM
Former Sponsor

Whoever is bored over the holiday weekend, whip us up a design that you would like to see on your car in the future!
Old 02-21-2011, 03:05 PM
Former Sponsor

Get some last minute ideas down!