S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Hardtop prices?

Old 06-19-2008, 07:01 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Hardtop prices?

So I have seen a couple prices for the hardtop online, all with hefty shipping charges, but I was wondering what the price would be from a dealer (parts only, no installation). Does anyone know what the retail cost is, and what the invoice price is? I am wondering if I can negotiate a decent price with one of the local dealers.

thanks.
Old 06-19-2008, 10:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That will be tough. Before I bought my hardtop from Hardtopguy, I checked 4 dealers around me. Besides the fact that they ALL said the top was discontinued and they would not be able to source it, they stated that IF they did get it, it would be $3499.99. Not acceptable if you look around online.

You have several choices (that I know about). Hardtopguy sells it for less than $3K shipped. I don't want to say exactly, but it would be a good idea to contact him. I believe he actually works for a dealer in Ohio (Ganley Honda?).

There's a dealer in Arizona I think (Flagstaff Honda) that also has it for $2600 plus shipping. There are also reports of a couple of dealers on Ebay who will sell it to you for $2600 shipped. All the ones I mentioned include the full installation kit with everything you need to install.

Shipping isn't as much as you think it would be. They use a freight company/private trucking/etc to deliver so you save a bit. If it was FedEx/UPS or something (if that's even possible with this), I can imagine the price would be through the roof.
Old 06-20-2008, 05:40 AM

Right now Hardtopguy sells for $2850, but the estimated shipping is $400! I think I will contact him and verify the shipping cost to me.

I thought of another question -- how big is the box that it ships in? If I end up picking one up at a local dealer, it would be a plus if I could fit it in my 4x8 utility trailer.
Old 06-20-2008, 06:56 AM

Originally Posted by skier219,Jun 20 2008, 06:40 AM
Right now Hardtopguy sells for $2850, but the estimated shipping is $400! I think I will contact him and verify the shipping cost to me.

I thought of another question -- how big is the box that it ships in? If I end up picking one up at a local dealer, it would be a plus if I could fit it in my 4x8 utility trailer.
Definitely call him, you won't be disappointed. I mean, if you're located in Germany or something, nothing you can really do, but I'm sure if you're in the USA he can do something for you.

The box is BIG. Barely even fit in my garage. It's not heavy though, two people can EASILY move it around and lift it. I'd say it's ~5.5' x 5.5' square and about 3.5' high. It's padded really nicely inside too.
Old 06-20-2008, 04:23 PM

Jeff got back to me, $300 for shipping. That puts the top at $3150 from him, which is up there. I'll check out the eBay offerings next....
Old 06-20-2008, 04:40 PM

jeff estimates shipping charges, but mine came out to 3100 but it was worth every last dollar. looks great and wind noise is GONE. install was a breeze. Around an hour to mount and adjust accordingly
Old 06-20-2008, 05:08 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I ordered mine from Desert Honda in Las Vegas from the parts manager, a guy named Ken.

I paid $2500 and it was only a few hundred to ship, and i'm located in Canada.

Excellent customer service from that dealer though, and the shipping was very prompt. I'd highly recommend.
Old 06-20-2008, 06:33 PM

Mine was $2975 shipped to Central NJ from HTG.
Old 06-20-2008, 07:04 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought mine over the winter, about January/February or so.....the price has gone up since then however, so you'll want to make sure you have an up-to-date price.

The box is HUGE. Breaking the box down takes about as much time as installing the hardtop You'll see why the freight can cost so much, especially with what it costs to fuel those trucks now.
Old 06-21-2008, 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by GinoGT,Jun 20 2008, 07:04 PM
I bought mine over the winter, about January/February or so.....the price has gone up since then however, so you'll want to make sure you have an up-to-date price.

The box is HUGE. Breaking the box down takes about as much time as installing the hardtop You'll see why the freight can cost so much, especially with what it costs to fuel those trucks now.
Yeah, I bought mine from HTG too, and talk about great customer service!
I highly recommend Jeff.

I agree with the high gas price comment. I'd understand the shipping cost more than before.
Plus, the box can't be stacked, so it'll cost more than a palet with regular goods.
Good luck.

Dan

Quick Reply: Hardtop prices?