S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Has the S2K turned you into a TRACK JUNKY?

Old 05-20-2002, 07:58 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Has the S2K turned you into a TRACK JUNKY?

Prior to owning the S2K taking my car to the track never ever crossed my mind. I had a few trackable cars, Integra and Prelude. But never really gave going to the track any thought. Since I got the S2K (Nov, '99) I have been to the track no less than dozen times and probably more like 20 times. I have spent thousands of dollars on track related stuff track fees, hotels, tires, pads, gas, oil, shocks, etc etc. I do not regret any of it. I love going to the track and I have to thank not only my S2K but more importantly, Krazik, davepk and The Unabageler for pushing me onto the track!! THANKS GUYS!! My life will never be the same now that I know what its like to drive at "my" limit at the track. It is such an adrenaline rush.

How many of you are now track junkies because of the S2K?
Old 05-20-2002, 08:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I never thought it was possible to do track stuff unless it was SCCA. After getting involved in some track events through what this board has introduced, I am hooked as well. I have done a fraction of the number of track events that you have, but I feel that the track is what my S2000 is all about. I want to be able to be better and get closer to the limits of what this car can do.

D. Hayashi wrote a piece about a 12 Step Program to being a track junky. Too true.
Old 05-20-2002, 08:15 PM

Recently the Houstooks had a track day at Grand Sport Speedway in Houston. I along with some friends attended and had a blast. I have never had so much fun in a car and not get a single ticket, at the track that is . I will go again so long as the wife and funds allow.
Old 05-20-2002, 10:42 PM

Funny you mentioned it, but I had been to about 10 track events and 10 auto-x events for the first 6 months after buying the car.
Old 05-20-2002, 11:07 PM
pll

16 track days in 12 months! Does that qualify me as a track junkie? I never took the Integra to the track. I need to sell this car before I spend all of my money on track days. Anyone want to buy it from me
Old 05-21-2002, 06:34 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Yes, I have been on the track over 20 days with this car in two and a half years where none of my previous cars ever prompted me to go more than once. And yes, the costs are high between consumables, fees, and travel expenses I have totally blown all budgets.

But I have had a great time, have improved as a driver, met a bunch of great people, and think it has been absolutely the best part of my ownership experience. Still having fun here!
Old 05-21-2002, 06:41 AM
CG

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I am actually seriously thinking about buying an open wheel race car so I can go even faster on the track.
Old 05-21-2002, 07:55 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I've lost count of the track days my s2k has seen.

I am completely hooked on the Go Fast Pipe.
Old 05-21-2002, 08:18 AM

YES YES YES!! AHHHHHHH what am I going to do? I can't stop, no way, just can't. Need money for more mods. Have to take time off from work to drive to events. Oh no. What to do....

HELP me please

send donations to my paypal account

I'll find away to get them tax deductable!
Old 05-21-2002, 09:46 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by krazik

I am completely hooked on the Go Fast Pipe.
you sure it wasn't your CRACK Pipe??

or your GO FAST BONG???

Quick Reply: Has the S2K turned you into a TRACK JUNKY?