S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Have certain people in S2ki become arrogant?

Old 12-06-2002, 04:35 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Have certain people in S2ki become arrogant?

After a brief interaction with a certain admin, I am ashamed to even be associated as a fellow s2k driver. Responses, posts being deleted here and there with responses that go along the lines of "I own this board so screw you.", it was a rude awakening for me. I had always regarded this board as top notch, with admins and moderators doing an excellent job of weeding spam posts out and keeping certain flamers from coming into our car forums from other car forums and flaming away. It appears that this is not the case anymore. I thought of contributing that $20 at one point just to show my appreciation. I don't really need the server space since I work for an ISP and have plenty of my own to host pictures from. But after today, I am definitely not going to let my $20 go to waste..

That along with the multiple posts asking the same questions that aren't removed, while the myriad of bs posts such as Purge's are allowed to stay. I guess if you're a paid member, you're allowed to post whatever you feel, whether it relates to the forum or not..

I will still enjoy interacting with the many people I have come into contact with, the people who have asked me for advise, and the people that I have learned alot from. But I would definitely not recommend this site to anyone anymore..

I expect that this post will be deleted too so oh well.. I apologize in advance if I have offended anyone, but if it did offend anyone.. you had it coming..
Old 12-06-2002, 04:41 PM
Former Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I don't think anything has changed. You might want to reread the registration agreement here:

https://www.s2ki.com/article/articleview/64/1/7/

Specifically reread the portion where it says the site may remove any content it deems unsuitable for any reason. As they say, it's hard to please everyone all of the time. It seems to me this site pleases most of the people, and I guess that's the best it can do.
Old 12-06-2002, 04:43 PM
Former Moderator

Received 10 Likes on 1 Post

I am deeply offended, that since it is so close to the holidayss folks today do not seem to be too cheery.

Anyway, in boxing the ref makes the fighters go to their corners. How about a time out for now.

Thanks
Old 12-06-2002, 04:50 PM
Former Moderator

Received 10 Likes on 1 Post

I asked for a time out... do not attempt to tell me what I meant.

Folks, just leave this thread alone.

"edit"

BTW.. nice removal of your comment. hehe... It is ok, I will just talk to myself then..
Old 12-06-2002, 04:51 PM

Coming from Club RSX (from which I was/still am a Moderator), which isn't even as big as s2ki.com - you have to understand us Moderators / Admin have a tough job taking care of such a large forum.

I miss a lot of things I should delete in my areas at Club RSX, but I try to catch it all.

You just have to realize that like Strike said, its hard to please everyone. Especially when you have thousands of registered posters.
Old 12-06-2002, 04:57 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by HondaGal
[B]I asked for a time out... do not attempt to tell me what I meant.

Folks, just leave this thread alone.

"edit"

BTW.. nice removal of your comment.
Old 12-06-2002, 04:57 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm not gonna touch this one...
Old 12-06-2002, 05:12 PM

Well, I see a post has been deleted, but I think we can safely say it was deleted in the interest of overall harmony as it seemed to be getting out of hand.

I've only just seen Purge's locked thread.... unfortunately. I saw some huge assumptions being made in one of those threads.. e.g. 'The board receives sufficient support from sponsers'... I seriously doubt that!! Look at the resouces and the bandwidth which this site is now using to keep pace with the demands on it from users.

Just the last month, 5K dollars was spent on insurance and new hardware (The post is there to be read)

If you really want to talk about arrogance, how in hell does anyone think they should participate in all this site has to offer without making any contribution. It's always been made quite clear as I understand it, that no-one is under any onbligation to pay if they don't wish to, and I don't think anyone is discriminated against if they choose not to.

Those of us who live in the real world know that this board has huge overheads and needs all the help it can get. You'd need 10 Hubble Telescopes all linked together to see the planet some people here are living on!!

It's a personal choice.. just think about it.
Old 12-06-2002, 05:28 PM

You have good points, but on the flip side, the board could not survive on just the members alone. I contribute by purchasing some products for the people who sponsor this board. I already know that no one is under any obligation to pay, and that it's done on a voluntary basis. I never argued that point so I don't know why it keeps being brought up. But the attitude I received from the "director" just left a bad taste in my mouth. I guess I just never have had to deal with people who had that kind of attitude on this board. It might not have been such a big deal if I were told the reasons before he went ahead and just moved the topic off to lala land, but it just disappeared. Then when he responded, I was just completely caught off guard. Hence this post..
Old 12-06-2002, 05:34 PM

Well.. we're being asked to leave it alone now anyway. I just hope you think about it and don't make any rash decisions.

Would you be a moderator?.... i wouldn't!

Quick Reply: Have certain people in S2ki become arrogant?