S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Help, car rolled down hill -_-*

Old 12-04-2003, 04:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Apparently, I hadnt/didnt set the ebrake and the car rolled down the hill while I was getting something from the house. It had to roll during the 30 seconds that I was in the house and not the 2 hours that I was out washing/cleaning it???

*maybe someone who hates me took ebrake off while i wasnt there??*

anyway, do you guys know how much it'll cost to repair/replace the front bumper? Spa yellow.

And, I think my car makes funny noises,(when I was reversing it back up to my parking lot again...) Argh,

-Son
Old 12-04-2003, 04:37 PM

well i was rearended and for a REAR bumper and paint, the estimate came out to 650. but i got an estimate from a reputable body shop that does excellent work (excellent work = $$$). the front and rear bumpers should cost about the same.
Old 12-04-2003, 04:39 PM

Thanks Razor ^_^

On a side note, I've sat in the car at the same spot without ebrake and normal brake (waiting for someone) and didnt notice any roll. I think someone took off my ebreak and pushed the car while I was inside :-/

-Son

didnt notice "brake" was wrong -_-*
Old 12-04-2003, 06:26 PM

^^ wow, i never thot of that, thats a horrible thing to do to a person. something to think about now when u leave ur top down...

people are pricks
Old 12-04-2003, 07:17 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That's ballsy for someone to see you pull up, watch you get out, watch you go inside your house and then they come up to your car, reach in and release the brake, push the car to get it rolling and then run away before you could see them within 30 seconds.
Old 12-04-2003, 07:20 PM

chosun has a hater...
watch your back!!!
Old 12-04-2003, 08:30 PM

That's ballsy for someone to see you pull up, watch you get out, watch you go inside your house and then they come up to your car, reach in and release the brake, push the car to get it rolling and then run away before you could see them within 30 seconds.
Well, it didnt happen quite like that. I was washing my car for the previous 2 hours, and when I was finished, I went inside to grab some gas money (not more than 1 minute). I come out and car is downhill.

I'm positive that I put my ebrake up, because I remember thinking to myself that it *needs* to be up and I also remember that I looked at it to double check that it was indeed, up.

But, on the other hand...maybe I just had a slew of bad luck. Gas running out, me running inside to grab money, ebrake not on...car deciding to roll during that exact same minute that I wasnt there ^_^

Oh well. This wont happen again -_-*. I need to repair my neighbor's fence tomorrow, and go get a few estimates done. All in all, it's not as bad as it could've been...I mean, I didnt hit anyone or any other cars. Thanks for replies guys!

-Son
Old 12-04-2003, 08:39 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Was the e-brake on at the bottom of the hill? If it was, I highly doubt the guy would have waited for it to hit something and then put the brake back on

I was at a gas station, filled up, turned around and put away nozzle, picked up receipt, etc. Turned back around to the car to walk away...first step and it started rolling. Lucky for me the top was down so I just reached over and yanked the e-brake up. It never moved the entire time I was there, it just started at the right time for me to catch it.
Old 12-04-2003, 09:07 PM

Well, to answer your question, from what I have heard before, the front bumper is about $350-400 to replace new, and then paint above that. I recently had someone buy my stock spa bumper, but I'm sure you can find a used one in good condition. There's always people replacing their bumpers for aftermarket, and you can get a good one.

BTW, the e-brake thing...anything can happen. You never know what you can trust when it comes to your car.
Old 12-04-2003, 09:13 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by MacGyver
Was the e-brake on at the bottom of the hill?

Quick Reply: Help, car rolled down hill -_-*