S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Help!!! My Wifes dog chewed on my car!!!!

Old 04-09-2003, 03:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ouch thats not good
Old 04-09-2003, 03:38 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

can't blame the dog.... up to the owners to teach the animal...or don't have the dog at all. If you don't potty train a baby, and he pees in your car, are you going to go and "return" him?

bad analogy.. but hopefully it gets my point across... maybe not.. i'm bad with them analogies...
Old 04-09-2003, 03:44 PM

White would be the easiest to color match. It's not like it's metallic or anything. good luck.
Old 04-09-2003, 03:50 PM

Old 04-09-2003, 04:14 PM

Oh god I love stuff like this!

A few years ago, my wife and I drove my beloved CRX si out to Carmel Valley to some land we own. As we were leaving, the neighbor's rottweiler (who had been following us around on foot without incident for an hour or so) decided he really did not like my CRX and attacked it, trying actually to wrestle it down!

We thought it was funny at the time, but when I got home I couldn't believe the damage that piece of krap kraut dog had inflicted on my car! $935 worth, to be exact.

When I confronted the dog's owner, he balked at the estimate. But luckily, another neighbor had witnessed the whole thing so he wound up paying.

I had it all fixed but left one set of tooth marks in the LR quarterpanel as a sort of conversation piece: "Wanna see where a stupid rottweiler tried to kill my car?" People - especially the ones who couldn't believe I'd drive such a tiny car - loved it!

Oh, BTW, the one and only scratch on my S2000 was put there by my big fat cat, who jumped up on the hood then slid backwards, scratching the nose of the car on her back down. Bummer but pretty funny to watch.
Old 04-09-2003, 04:22 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by wickerbill
[B]

So a dog is supposed to instinctively know what is should chew on and what it shouldn't?
Old 04-09-2003, 04:30 PM

Dude, what would getting the dog put down do? Nothing except youd be a jack ass. It is a living thing, shesh.

Sorry but I HATE it when people think its just ok to get rid of an animal because they did something wrong. Shit I'd be dead many times over by now if my dad just put me asleep when I did something wrong.

Im sorry your car got chewed up, but it's replaceable, and it will look great again in no time.

And I am sorry if I offended anyone (no hard feelings), but that is just not right.
Old 04-09-2003, 04:30 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Who's up for roast dog?!?!?!?!
Old 04-09-2003, 04:49 PM

It's time for Coastal Metals new S2000 Electrified Front Lip Bumper Protector/Splitter to hit the market! (Notes: No powder coatings available. Only produced in polished metal for obvious reasons. Specify voltage desired--see dog weight vs. voltage chart. Not responsible if you forget to turn it off before washing car!) Really, I do wonder if having a splitter on there might have discouraged your nice puppy.

A comment and a nutty idea.

Comment: White is really easy to match in color: repainted areas usually looks fine the day they are painted and after years of sun and should match in all kinds of light. However, be careful that the body shop (1) primes the new bumper cover properly and (2) puts enough flex agent in the paint to keep it from cracking and peeling off at the first bump.

Nutty idea: On some materials, a moderate amount of heat (say, a hair dryer on medium, not a heat gun designed to strip paint) will cause indentations to disappear or at least become shallower. You would want to shield all other parts from the heat, but if you would otherwise have to buy a new bumper cover...

Karl O.,

I hope your Mercedes dealer kept his rabies shots up to date.
Old 04-09-2003, 05:03 PM

[QUOTE]It's time for Coastal Metals new S2000 Electrified Front Lip Bumper Protector/Splitter to hit the market! (Notes: No powder coatings available. Only produced in polished metal for obvious reasons. Specify voltage desired--see dog weight vs. voltage chart. Not responsible if you forget to turn it off before washing car!)

Quick Reply: Help!!! My Wifes dog chewed on my car!!!!