S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Hi, newbie, and went to dealership today

Old 10-10-2001, 10:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nin009,

So where are you now? CO? How come you were in Ithaca during summer? =D

Rocketman and DouglaS2000,

That's pretty cool that the cockpit feels intimate. I wish the back comes up higher so that you feel like you are inside the car instead of sitting in the car and feel like ur head it ouside of the car. I'm 6'1 u guys think I will have a problem?

Triple H,

When are you getting your S2000? Any other owners in the Rochester area? It would be worth the trip to drive up there with my friend to take a ride in one of the owner's car who frequents this board. Atleast we won't feel awkward with the dealersalesrep staring at us. Do you think the Rochester dealer will let my friend and I take the car out instead of have one person ride in it with the saleman?

Jimmy
Old 10-10-2001, 11:08 AM

Jimmy,
I married into a family of Cornellians, so Ithica is a required destination on trips back to NY. I was there in July for my brother-in-law's wedding. I think he is teaching at the vet school. I know his new wife is.

Of course, as part of each trip to Ithica we have to spend some time shopping at Wegman's. My wife thinks it is the greatest store ever.

Next time I am in town we will have to meet for a beer.
Old 10-10-2001, 11:45 AM

Jimmy,

I'd definitely go try another dealer. Out here in CA, we don't really get the whole racial profiling thing that much, probably because we have so many immigrants here and so many different races.

You should be able to get one for MSRP, since it's starting to get colder out there. Good luck.
Old 10-10-2001, 11:48 AM

I don't get it why Honda salespeople are so snobby sometimes.

I went back in March when my dad was looking for a roadster. He was interested in a Porsche, but I convinced him to check out the S2. The Honda dealer were being total jerks then. Here's my odd experience.

Dad: I want to check out the S2000.
Dealer: Sure.
Dad: Can I test drive it?
Dealer: Only if you buy it.
Dad: [starting to get irritated, but talks about financing/paying all on cash with salesperson].
Dealer: Great, we can't let you test drive it now, but if you give us a few days we can clear out the showroom because the only S2000 is the showroom one.

One week later.

Dad: So, do you have the S2000 ready?
Dealer: ?
Dad: You said it would be ready in one week.
Dealer: Hm, let me speak with the manager.
Manager: Sir, you have to pay for the entire car before we will agree to take it out.
Dad: What is this method of doing business? I'm interested in a $48k roadster, why can I not test it out? Porsche is willing to let me take out a car that is worth twice as much!
Manager: Then go buy a Porsche.
Dad: !@#!$!%!

What jerks. Honda is nice and all but they treat customers like !@#!. They should learn something from Porsche. Porsche was VERY accomodating. So just guess what my dad got.....

Anyways, I still liked the S2000 so I went back in late August dressed very casually with a friend who looked like a punk. He drove in his modified 00' ITR and everyone looked at us when we arrived because it was so loud.

We didn't like look car buyers, but the dealer actually took me seriously and we worked out a deal, 61k out the door for 01' Spa Yellow S2K w/hardtop. Odd. I couldn't get approved financing for 20k from my bank, but i'm going back there in December to buy an S2.
Old 10-10-2001, 11:58 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Jimmy325
[B]Hi guys,

I'm a newbie to this board and find you guys very friendly most of the time.
Old 10-10-2001, 01:19 PM

Originally posted by evolution

We didn't like look car buyers, but the dealer actually took me seriously and we worked out a deal, 61k out the door for 01' Spa Yellow S2K w/hardtop. Odd. I couldn't get approved financing for 20k from my bank, but i'm going back there in December to buy an S2.
61k??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

For refrence on the seating position, I found that the interior, with the exception of being leather, updated, and a little bit tighter, felt very much like my sol, especially leg room and the such
Old 10-10-2001, 01:28 PM

Hey guys, can someone help Jimmy out with a test ride? I'm sure he can understand if no one wants to allow a test drive.
Old 10-10-2001, 01:29 PM

Originally posted by saxman

61k??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

For refrence on the seating position, I found that the interior, with the exception of being leather, updated, and a little bit tighter, felt very much like my sol, especially leg room and the such
Canada. I don't know what the exchange rate is but that might help explain the difference.
Old 10-10-2001, 02:26 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jimmy325-
There is one person in Rochester I know. You can try a PM with these specifics. (Jeff Guerdat - jguerdat@rochester.rr.com)
I have no idea what Jeff will say but you can only try. I met him at an AutoX after he PM'ed me from this forum because he noticed my address, maybe even more unusual American Indian name than Ithaca, Honeoye Falls.

I'm looking to take delivery end of April/beginning of May.

I encourage you to contact Roy Patterson if you are even thinking about buying one, (rpatterson@johnholtzhonda.dealerspace.com) and be sure to mention my name - Douglas Hood - maybe there is an additional discount in there for me!

My deal today was set as MSRP. Details at
https://www.s2ki.com/forums/showthread.php?...&highlight=MSRP
Old 10-10-2001, 02:31 PM

Hahaha - $61k canadian = ~$38,900 U.S.

Quick Reply: Hi, newbie, and went to dealership today