S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Honda denied me warranty on my Diff..

Old 03-03-2001, 03:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone else had this problem. Honda denied me fix on my diff saying it broke due to Abuse. IM like what abuse. I dont know what to do cause i havent abused this car in any fashion. Honda customer service told me that they have been replacing these as a One Time Fix and they dont understand why the DSM denied me. Please help me.

Thanks,

Des
Old 03-03-2001, 03:21 PM

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Aim higher and raise hell. And don't forget to take copies of others diff problems on this board.
Old 03-03-2001, 03:21 PM

Now i must say that the regional office is working to get this over turned at this time. So i hope everything goes well with that. Other than that honda is saying 3112 for the repairs.

Des
Old 03-03-2001, 03:51 PM

Did Honda deny you or was it your dealer? Dealers are a-typical A-holes. It is Hondas burden of proof to say why they will not repair it, not yours. They have to prove you damaged your diff. Take this up the Honda ladder and if that does not work, contact the BBB and your local gov consumer agency.
Old 03-03-2001, 03:55 PM

The district service manager for FL denied the fix. His name is Norm Hankle. So for those in FL that need something fixed watch out for him. He illigally searched my car looking for a reason to deny me and everything. I am looking into getting a lawyer on this issue. If they keep doign this..there will be a class action lawsuit similar to the one the NSX owners had to do with the Tire Wear situation. As far as contacting the local BBB..i did that and filed a report. I also contacted and filed a report with SEMA.

Des,
Old 03-03-2001, 03:59 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here's how s2klisa got AHM to REPLACE her MY2000 with a MY2001. She had a #4 cylinder failure. Some of the contacts she mentioned might be useful to you.

It is from this thread:
"7 Engine Failures. Honda needs our help."
http://www.s2000online.com/forums/showthre...p?threadid=7384

"Just read your post,I am new member.
Damn, this is creepy!!
My 2000 s2k had engine failure @ 3,200 miles in Nov., 2000.
It was the wrist pin on the #4 cylinder and Honda did replace the short block. I was never happy w/ that resolution and fought and fought for a new car. My vin's don't match and that's not ok!
After Mid Atlantic zone mgr. denied my request, I went to Pres. Amemiya in CA then to Pres. Yoshino in Japan, THEN to 9 top Honda Execs. in Japan, Mr. Uehara (design engineer),NC Dept. of Justice, my state senator,BBB Auto Line mediation AND the top 10 institutional shareholders of Honda stock. Today, Doug Hellmer, Nat'l. Consumer Affairs Manager of American Honda called to inform me Honda is going to replace my car. Unfortunately, a siverstone/black 2000 cannot be found so they are going to get me a 2001.I really wanted the first year but decided that this is the best it's going to get. Has anybody else fought the same fight? If so, were you successful?
My concern after reading your post is the number of times this has happened to other owners and that most were 2001 model year. I don't know if I have the stomach to possibly deal w/ this another time. Anybody have any pearls of wisdom on the subject??
Anybody need names, numbers, stats., to fight w/ Honda...I have and will be happy to share.
lisa
charlotte, nc
2000 s2k (for now) silverstone metallic/black "
Old 03-03-2001, 04:07 PM

Well I Also think that Honda thinks that they can railroad me becuase im 21yo. But its too bad that i probably have more education that the guys that work at Classic Honda. I have a BS degree in Aeronautical Science and an AS degree in Aviation Meteorology. But I dont let them know this. Too bad they think im just some teenage party animal...nope not me. Im an educated party animal that is also educated with hondas and how everything in a Honda VTEC motor operates. Hell the last time i took my prelude in to get the ATTS fluid changed ..they had no clue what it was. And was so impressed they wanted me to apply..haha...Well just goes to show you that you cant judge a book by its cover...or age for this matter.

Des,
Old 03-03-2001, 06:30 PM

Received 17 Likes on 2 Posts

Desmond good luck. My advice: be firm, be polite (but don't take BS, and be persistent). And keep asking for the guys boss until you get this resolved.

I am sure they will come through if you keep pushing. Sometimes people underestimate age - don't let it bother you or influence you to reacting.

Ted
Old 03-03-2001, 06:55 PM

Thanks to everyone helping me on this. I am in touch with the DSM's boss out of Atlanta Zone Office. He's very nice and helpful. I've spoken/delt with him before and he has been very good with service to me. He is supposed to call me back on Monday. In the mean time. I have to return the loaner car i have due to the fact that the DSM denied me..for now its not a warranty fix issue so Honda doesnt have to give me a loaner. Once the DSM's boss says he'll cover it. I get the car back. So on monday you guyz will probably see alot of remarks on different posts from me because ill be stranded .

Again thank you for your help. If you want to tell me something that you dont want to be on here that could benifit me...email me at mailto: G1s2k1@aol.com

Des,
Old 03-03-2001, 06:58 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Hey Bro being a former Sport Bike Race for Honda I can tell you there are no "district managers". Honda divides North America into Zones......your in the Southeastern Zone. Your zone is based in Alpharetta Georgia; not Florida....give 'em a call at 770-442-2045.....and as a previous poster said BE NICE!

Quick Reply: Honda denied me warranty on my Diff..