S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Honda S2000 Coupe to debute at the Tokyo Motor Show in October.

Old 02-22-2003, 12:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Considering it will probably be more expensive than the convertible why wouldn't someone just get the hardtop option and have the best of both worlds? Making the S2000 a no-choice hardtop is like putting an outhouse in an elevator, though I'll welcome any newbie hardtop owners to our little parcel of online real estate. Hell, I live in the land of sub zero temps and could never imagine wanting this car if it only had a hardtop. I think Honda is going to be very surprised at the sales #'s of this car when it arrives here. Many people (not us diehards mind you) overlooked the tight fit and engine noise (I call it music myself) and bought the car because of that ragtop. Without it, I don't think they would have made such a choice. My prediction? The hardtop will be short-lived.
Old 02-22-2003, 02:43 AM

would they even bring it to the US?
Old 02-22-2003, 04:08 AM

Received 325 Likes on 275 Posts

For crying out loud it'll probably be an automatic to boot!
Old 02-22-2003, 06:46 AM
Banned

Originally posted by Thoe99
I guess people are finally coming to terms with the fact that this rumor is coming true...all those people who were so stubborn to believe BigWave10's claim.
I still don't believe it. Sure, they are going to show a coupe version of the car at the auto show but all the rumors say the car will be in the showrooms in MY04. I will believe it when I go to my nearest dealer and see it on the showroom floor.
I hope they build it. There are never enough cool cars on the market. Its not for me though. I don't see giving up my convertible for a coupe when it is not a daily driver for me.
Old 02-22-2003, 07:01 AM

My guess is that it will probably sell better than our little roadster. I believe most people don't want the "headache" of a convertible. Plus, I'm sure insurance rates will be considerably less than a roadster. I'm also guessing it won't be considerably lighter because it should still have the same frame design as ours (minus the convertible top mechanism and motor) but should be more rigid. I think it may be a winner and probably cost about the same, unless there are standard features that the convertible doesn't have.
Old 02-22-2003, 07:13 AM

It'll be exect same thing as BMW Z3 M-Series. How many of 'em you see on the road?, compare to the open top model.

But then again, options are good for consumer like us
Old 02-22-2003, 07:26 AM

It'll be exect same thing as BMW Z3 M-Series. How many of 'em you see on the road?, compare to the open top model.

But then again, options are good for consumer like us
Old 02-22-2003, 07:39 AM

Well...rumors are rumors...even when they show up in big-name magazines.

I still stick by my original opinion and say that I'll believe it when I see it
Old 02-22-2003, 07:47 AM

There's two kinds of people in this world - top-down sports car enthusiasts like ourselves, and hard-top coupe lovers like everyone else. In my view, I think Honda will do well with this model because it will attract a wider audience. Hey, perhaps we'll even gain a lot more S2ki members, but I'm hoping this doesn't become an "us vs. them" forum.
Old 02-22-2003, 07:50 AM

I'd be interested in this. It should be faster, handle better, cost less and have more storage space. I also never liked how the roll bars were lower than my head when I had an S2K.

Quick Reply: Honda S2000 Coupe to debute at the Tokyo Motor Show in October.