S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

House Broken In - Car Stolen!!!!

Old 08-30-2001, 12:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

T.O.-S2K: I'm really sorry to hear about this incident happening to you and your family, but I'm glad none of you were hurt. I sincerely hope those ba$tard$ get caught in a hurry.

It's not looking good if the cops haven't called you back yet to tell you they've found the S2K. I've got the Lojack system, and everyone says that if the cops can't track in within 1/2-hour, you can forget about ever getting the car back. I guess it's time for you to start planning which mods you want to install first on your new MY2002. Good luck. We're all hoping everything turns out well for you (insurance, car, etc.).
Old 08-30-2001, 12:23 PM

Sorry to here about the theft.

Glad that you and everyone is ok.

Also I hope they find the car, and is not destroyed. But if it is destroyed I guess insurance will get you a new one.
Old 08-30-2001, 12:36 PM

OK, OK, I'll admit it...I took the damn car...but it was just so beautiful looking!!! And I needed the gas money, so...I'll have to pay you back for the cash...lol Of course I'm kidding, I needed to brighten this thread. I hope you get your car back in HORRIBLE condition and get a NEW one that's even better...glass rear window and all! As before stated, no one knows what the thieves do with them, it's too much of a risk. What if they were snortin' coke and left some and a month later a cop pulls you over and some of the stuff is still there? Just get a new one, you'll have real "piece of mind" then. Hope it works out OK for ya', and I truly am sorry to hear of it.

Andrew
Old 08-30-2001, 01:00 PM

Ouch, that is awful
Old 08-30-2001, 01:10 PM

Originally posted by slaughterj
Sorry to hear about your loss

That's something I never quite figured out, one always hears about the stories where the stolen car was wrecked, burned, etc., but it seems to me that the point in stealing a car is to sell it or parts of it, so the thief presumably would want it to be in the best condition for resale?!
I have a friend who's highly modded M3 was stolen from him. The guy basically ripped the front kit off the car by turning the 18" wheels against the bumper (the car was very low with wide wheels) and backing out of a too low driveway. The front rim was also curbed and there was a cigarette burn in the steering wheel.

To be honest, the guy who stole it was an idiot. The car had LoJack and the police caught him quickly. He was taking it around on a joyride and had it for hours. Plenty of people, who at the time didn't know the car was stolen, saw him driving around. It was a very flashy, distinguishable car.

Sorry to hear about your car T.O. Hope everything works out.
Old 08-30-2001, 01:10 PM

Woah!

MOVE OVR?

That you? Damn, I can't beleive it!

This calls for a beer - Nimesh, Mark, want to hook up for a drink?

Sorry about the bad news bro.

Peace,
Old 08-30-2001, 01:13 PM

Glad you are both ok, and as has been said, cars can be replaced. Hope they find it soon and that it is in one piece.
Old 08-30-2001, 01:39 PM

Sorry to hear that happened to you. Please keep us informed as to what happens when your car is found or not.
Old 08-30-2001, 02:01 PM

Just an update...

I got a call from the cops and they have found the car safe. They believe that the car is being hid out until the "heat" has diminished. Right now the car is being staked out by 5 undercover cops trying to catch the criminals. The cops suspect that it is a big organized crime right. I guess we shall see.

As far as how they got in... they sliced through the screen door and then jimmied the sliding door. Then spent 5 minutes in the house, got the keys and got the car. Well I guess I will get my car back and everything will be okay. Of course I go have the once over of the car to make sure everything is alright. I don't know when I will get the car back.

More to follow....

Mark
Old 08-30-2001, 02:05 PM

Just another thought....

When I get my car back all the S2K guys in Toronto should get together for an end of summer meet. Something good should come of this craziness!!

Mark

Quick Reply: House Broken In - Car Stolen!!!!