S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

How to keep the cat off the roof

Old 02-25-2009, 04:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think the cat is still up there......
Old 02-25-2009, 04:57 AM

Maybe they got rid of the cat by now, or maybe he broke up with his fiancee? lol
Old 02-25-2009, 05:02 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We should start an 'Animal Encounters' section. This thread would compete with that dog that bit the crap out of that dudes fenders!
Old 02-25-2009, 05:10 AM

He bought a dog to scare the cat away.....but look what happened...
Old 02-25-2009, 05:29 AM

Originally Posted by axis_of_evil,Nov 27 2003, 10:01 AM
You have provided me with a great topic for Thanksgiving dinner, and I will ask my friends and associates for further ideas. However, here's a few off the top of my head....
You could whack it with a stick, hopefully it would be smart enough to get the idea. Or you could lure it somewhere else with a can of tuna. Or leave your car running & hide in there then punch it. Or put a chunk of old carpet on the roof when you park if that doesn't work. Or put a dog on the roof, too. Maybe spray some crap there that cats hate. Or spray it in the eye with 303 protectant and hopefully he'd get the idea. No , really I like cats. Or build a roof-height carport. Or put a mouse up there - oh wait that only deters elephants. Get a fake bird a locate it far from the car. Build it a cat apartment. Unlatch the roof and wire it so you can remotely put the top down. Or make a catapult. Leave your stereo on super loud playing ZZ Top or Ramones but muted then unmute it. Get a meaner cat and put it up there. Hire some kid to watch your car. Put foil on the roof, connect it to ground, and put a high voltage line to a can of tunafish on the roof. Attach a pendulum to your garage roof with a giant boot on the end. Or get an infrared sensor attached to a huge air circulator available from home depot and blow it off. Put a cow magnet up your cat's ass and put an electromagnet nearby. Perhaps put tunafish oil on someone else's roof nearby. Leave a coil of barbed wire and/or many thumbtacks on your roof. Lock your cat in the house. Sneak up on it and duct tape it to the roof then show it what VTEC is. Feed it exlax and hope his instincts take him elsewhere. Spray it with a CO2 fire extnguisher or a hose. Walk up to it, pet it, put rubbing alcohol on his back and quickly light it on fire.
Ok -- all for now but I'll address your issue further.
May be an old thread, but funny nonetheless.

dogs>cats imho.
Old 02-25-2009, 06:56 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijYAQTwJ9kQ

Problem solved!

Guarantee he'll think twice about getting on the car next time.
Old 02-26-2009, 06:51 AM

There is a sprinkler with a motion detector attached on the market that hooks up to your garden hose. Your S will get wet, but so will any two or four legged critters that come near it. I use Havahart traps and put the varmints in the "witness relocation program" and release them behind restaurant row. I like the scatmat idea, only it needs to be wired to the nearest electric pole.
By the way, do you know how to make a cat sound like a dog? You pour gas on it, touch it with a match, and it goes " woof"!
Old 02-26-2009, 07:49 AM

get a pellet rifle
Old 02-26-2009, 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by Sweeper,Feb 25 2009, 06:10 AM

He bought a dog to scare the cat away.....but look what happened...

But still Im sure he got the cat off back in 2003!! when this thread was started!
Old 02-26-2009, 11:55 AM

shock collar bro with proximity sensors around the car

Quick Reply: How to keep the cat off the roof