S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

How's everyone like the new forum name?

Old 06-20-2001, 09:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How's everyone like the new forum name?

*Takes a bow*

Yes...yes.... Thank you! No need for applause....

I just thought that "Car Talk" was a bit too random, and often encouraged Off-Topic discussion. Though moving posts is necessary (or at least, strongly suggested by the Admins.) for OT stuff, I sometimes think that doing so--and maybe this is just me--can make us look like pains in the posterior.

(The fact that we may already have been, is a separate issue. )

So! I thought that "S2000 Talk" or something similar would help the forum to keep on track, a bit. Not that we have a lot of problems, but you get the idea. A new user sees "Car Talk" and they think, "Oh, cool, these guys can help me out with my questions about..." ..Whatever. A more specific name may help that whole "peace on Earth" thing.

Later, all-
Old 06-20-2001, 09:59 AM

I likes
Old 06-20-2001, 11:58 AM

Well actually I would like a cookie too...

I was the first to dislike the forum name "stook talk", thus other people added that they also disliked that name... Then S2000 talk came about.

Also, I believe there should be another forum called "other cars". There seems to be alot of topics about other cars, for instance, What do you think of the C5, S4, Porsche, etc... Some people have been posting it on the street encounters, which really isn't a street encounter. Then some people post it on off topic or even on car talk (which it was sort of).

Later...
Old 06-20-2001, 12:10 PM

I agree with DeeGYM...There should be a forum for "other cars" so that people can talk about other cars there.....
Old 06-20-2001, 01:48 PM

Originally posted by MDS2K
I agree with DeeGYM...There should be a forum for "other cars" so that people can talk about other cars there.....
I also agree.
Old 06-20-2001, 02:52 PM

Sorry. I just don't agree that we need yet another forum specifically for other cars. As the name "S2000Online" implies, this whole board was initially conceived as a place to discuss topics related to the S2K, not somewhere to chit-chat about any cars we choose. Personally, I think it's too "busy" now, with more than enough different forums; and the last thing we need is yet another non-S2K related forum.

There are plenty of specific-car forums on the web, so I see no need to duplicate what's already out there.

My 2 cents...
Old 06-20-2001, 03:35 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Personally I'd like to see a differentiation on those members with a registered VIN. More and more trolls are arriving each day............. There are posters here with 500+ posts and no car, some misleading owners. Short of that have, I to go with 1Y2KS2K.......what's in a name?
Old 06-20-2001, 03:52 PM

I like the S2000 Talk much better than the stook talk. I have to agree with 1Y2KS2K about not having more forums. There are way too many as it is.
Old 06-20-2001, 04:05 PM

Originally posted by MarkS2K
I like the S2000 Talk much better than the stook talk. I have to agree with 1Y2KS2K about not having more forums. There are way too many as it is.
THATS_RIGHT.
Old 06-20-2001, 09:18 PM

Well the forum name change came about because I put up a post in Moderators a few days ago, asking if a few of them agreed that S2000 Talk or Stook Talk or whatever would be better than Car Talk. (For reasons I listed above--basically, "Car" left it too open for generalization.)

A few agreed, and cthree put the change through.

As for an Other Cars forum, well, I don't think that's what the Admins. are going for. Yes there is a lot of other car-specific and specific-car talk in here, but like these folks said, it's an S2000 forum, so we should try to keep it that way.

Off Topic does just fine, I think.

-S2-

Quick Reply: How's everyone like the new forum name?