S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

I have REALLY bad road rage...

Old 04-15-2007, 09:08 PM
EOE

Received 62 Likes on 55 Posts

Je be carefull, one day you road rage @ the wrong person and they can pull a gun on u.
Old 04-15-2007, 09:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

taxi drivers in korea are the best drivers in the world!!
Old 04-15-2007, 10:29 PM

They don't have guns here in Korea. That is why they drive like A$$ holes.

Jonomo, you aren't the only one. People don't understand that here in Korea the cops do NOT pull you over for anything. They do not enforce the law, they are here to respond to accidents. And if you aren't Korean prepare to be A$$Raped!

So many accidents happen at the gate to the US military base that the MPs have to sit there waiting for a Korean to run the light and Tbone someone.

I will post video of what it is like to drive here.

In the last week I have been hit by a taxi driver riding the dashed line in the middle of the road between the lanes/cars AND I was forced over by a Chairman (korean poser VIP car) into a dumptruck. Both times I smacked my passenger mirror hard enough to knock it back. I was lucky that was all that happened.

Having a car like ours here is frustrating!
Old 04-16-2007, 03:11 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Get some blood pressure medicine. Anger management and psychoanalysis will take too long, and may not work at all.
Old 04-16-2007, 03:37 AM

It's all about what you expect before you get in the car. I used to make the mistake of expecting that everyone on the road was going to drive like intelligent humans.
This is the total wrong assumption. There is about 5% of the population that actually know how to drive. The other 95% think they know how to drive just like the people trying out on American Idol think they know how to sing. You can't tell them otherwise becuase they will just look at you like you don't know what your talking about.
When I get into my car and before I pull off. I remind myself that people are going to be going under the speed limit, braking for no reason, weaving in and out of traffic like crazy, trying to get me to race, not knowing how to merge, etc, etc and I could go on forever.
The point is I get myself prepared to ignore this and try to enjoy my drive in the S.
Old 04-16-2007, 06:33 AM

Road rage? Seems like you guys DREAD living in Korea due to the driving circumstances.

It's packed and busy in the large cities of Korea, just like any other cities in the States. I say use public transportation during the day and use the car only during night time.
Old 04-16-2007, 06:45 AM

get road head on the commute , jk jk
Old 04-16-2007, 07:09 AM

Originally Posted by NHOJ,Apr 16 2007, 06:45 AM
get road head on the commute , jk jk
That would just cause another accident. Either that or cause a lot of traffic because my ass drives slowww with road head. hahaha
Old 04-16-2007, 07:16 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Driving anywhere in asia is an experience. I spent a total of three years in Japan and can attest that it's somewhat of a miricle that you don't see a pile-up on a daily basis. South of Hiroshima is fairly mountainous and traveling up the mountain on a two-lane, I met a large truck coming down whith his horn blowing in my lane. Luckly, I was on a motorcycle and could move to the edge of the precipice and avoid a head-on. Evidently in Japan if you decide to drive on the wrong side of the road ,rules say you must continually blow your horn.
Coming back to Yokosuka from Tokyo this time driving a Nissan Fairlady, there is a series of tunnels. After entering one of these tunnels, I met a truck making a U-turn. His rig was entirley across all lanes which would prevent traffic in either direction from passing. Not quite as harry this time because of my extended experence driving in this country. Entering a tunnel you never know what you'll find. It's often a bicycle peddeling down the center of the road. The truck was a surprise.
Often at two main througho-fares and at a certain time of night, intersections will blink yellow in both directions. Prepare to stop because you can be sure that any native of Japan will not. The suprise the first time you encounter this is that you thought you had the right of way. The fact is you both had the right of way. What they do to untagle this leaglly I have no idea.
Just a few few of my more memorable experience's and anyone else who has driven in asia can attest "it is a trip"
Old 04-16-2007, 07:35 AM

thats a good remedy

Quick Reply: I have REALLY bad road rage...