S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

I really hate how everyone sterotypes young teens

Old 10-23-2006, 10:09 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm a kid, I'm 18 and I RESPECT my car. Well not at first. I got cocky, took a turn way too fast and my car bitchslapped me back into my place, via oversteer. So now I respect it and what it can do. Flame all you want but nobody is perfect. I am however a responsible person and I am working (my butt off) and paying off this car all by myself. I also keep it legal 9 out of 10 times.
Old 10-23-2006, 10:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am 19 Mommy and Daddy bought me an auto Nissan 350Z at 16, then traded it for a manual Nissan 350Z at 17 and that was a lemon and got this car at 18. My mods are all done by me and I am proud of it. I really earned this car through school, work and helping my dad's buisness. Buying your car or getting is as a gift or getting it from mommy and daddy however you want to put it; if you repect your car and learn to drive it b4 abusing it then you are mature and understand the car. BTW, everyone.

Old 10-23-2006, 10:52 PM

For us youngins. 18 here. I've been browsing this board since I was 13 and finally got my dream 10 months ago, time flies by quick.

Drive safe.
Old 10-23-2006, 11:12 PM

Waaah! I've got an S2000 and nobody thinks I deserve it! Waaah!

qwityerbitchen
Old 10-23-2006, 11:30 PM

Originally Posted by bvanhiel,Oct 23 2006, 11:12 PM
Waaah! I've got an S2000 and nobody thinks I deserve it! Waaah!

qwityerbitchen
very mature...
Old 10-24-2006, 12:12 AM

I'll translate it into something slightly less offensive with the same message:

Quit worrying about what anyone else thinks about you and your car. So your not just some spoiled kid in an S2000: your an overachieving workaholic kid in an S2000. Nobody cares. It doesn't matter if your 16 or 76, have a 3.9 or a 1.9, work 4 jobs or leach off mommy, just don't drive like an idiot and raise our collective insurance rates and everybody's happy.

-b
Old 10-24-2006, 01:39 AM

That's quite a few spelling errors for a student with a 3.9 GPA.
Old 10-24-2006, 02:24 AM

its nice reading this. Im 17 just got a job at nissan working as a lot tech closing everyday never have time for me. Ive given up basketball and nearly killing myself with school work and trying to live a high school senior year life. Im still alive and will be for 5 years when the car is paid off. My mother helped me with half my down payment but there is no doubt it my mind that i will pay her back as i told her i wanted to do everything for this car. never been pulled over once (i know thats not like a gold medal award or anything ) but proud of it. this is also my 4th honda and realize why not chase my dream now.

cheers from hawaii !
Old 10-24-2006, 03:07 AM

Sorry I didn't have ime to read all the replies, so what I'm saying may be a repeat.

I'm 32 now, and though I should have gotten an R6 I chose a Honda RR. This was back in NYC wherem you couldn't give the bikes a test ride.

You're a lot different than me! I wrecked my (what I had at 16-22) honda accord 9-10 times...probably most all my fault. And alcohol having to do with at least 1/2 I'd guess.

I lived in OR back then and was just a lil less crazy than I was in my earlier years. I bought an off road 2 stroke YZ in mt lateer teeens and....well I learned a lot...yet the bike still looked good.

my point: you're young have fun while you can have it! Just sell the S so my insurance doesn't go up!

Jon

p.s. yes I'm pretty buzzed at this moment....but no driving or riding for me till I get some sleep!!!

p.s.s Forgot to add smileys, but I'm sure you get the picture
Old 10-24-2006, 05:13 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Interesting thread...

Here's the thing. Every stereotype exists for one reason, there's some truth to it.

But the key word in that statement is 'some.' It does not necessarily apply to everyone within the subset being described by a stereotype.

So why are you so offended that people stereotype teens?

For one, it's not as offensive as say stereotyping a particular race, religion, gender, etc., in which case those doing the stereotyping are almost always of a different race, religion, gender, etc. With age, however, you gotta remember that those who are older were all your age at one time. They can (right or wrong) generalize about the age based on their own experiences.

So if you are one of those teens that happens to not fit the stereotype, GREAT! Just be proud of that stop worrying about what others think. Or hell, use stereotypes yourself, and just shrug them off as "probably just jealous."

One thing you'll learn is that no matter where you are in life, there is always someone classifying you in a way that you probably won't prefer. Whether it's your car, your house, the person you marry, the church you go to, the job you work at, there will always be something that somebody has a problem with. You'll learn to just ignore it.

Quick Reply: I really hate how everyone sterotypes young teens