S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Its killing me

Old 02-28-2003, 09:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Its killing me

So, I test drove the car and now its all I can think about. I'm on this board all day reading threads and looking at pics on the Net of a shiny new S2K in Spa Yellow. I almost wish I hadn't driven the car already, beause its going to be a few weeks before my house is sold and I can actually BUY the car!

Anybody else going through this? The waiting sucks.

If patience is a virtue, then I must be a total
Old 02-28-2003, 09:11 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wanted an S2000 for a solid 2 years before I even realized I could afford one. One day I was just killing time with a friend, so we went to some dealerships just for fun. Big mistake, went to a Honda dealer that had a 2001 on the showroom floor that was owned by the owner of the dealership, and only had 13,xxx miles on it.

3 days later I picked it up.

You'll get through it, its worth the wait
Old 02-28-2003, 09:24 AM

Patience Grasshopper. Your time will come.
Old 02-28-2003, 09:34 AM

I feel your pain. I'm going through the same thing. I have S2k on the brain. I eat and sleep S2k. I have a '99 Honda Prelude Type SH and she was my baby until I drove the S2k. Now the Prelude is up for sale. Let me tell you that my Prelude is mint. Over $6,000 in mods are done on the car, it only has 24k miles on it and its almost paid off. I'm selling it for only $16,000 (I'm just eating the money I put into this car) just so I can get a S2K. I have a truck too but there is only room for two cars in my garage so the Prelude must go. Gotta make room for the S2k.
Old 02-28-2003, 09:40 AM

I know exactly what you are going through... it drove my GF nuts, too. I hope she doesn't think I love the car more than I do here...

All I could think about was this 02 Sebring (which I got three weeks ago), and after getting it I am in a constant state of shock. The wait time was hard, even to the hour of picking the thing up, but I have to say I enjoyed waiting and daydreaming about it! Now I bring those dreams to life! Like a trip to Napa Valley with the top down!

Do you have any plans for your S once you get it?
Old 02-28-2003, 09:40 AM

hahaha, your singin my song bro....I test drove it last week and now its literally all i think about. my friends are getting pissed off whenever i bring it up because its all i want to talk about. At least you are getting yours in a few weeks, i have to wait till may Im going for an 03' berlina black though...Sharp car!
Old 02-28-2003, 09:44 AM

Originally posted by Shadre
I feel your pain. I'm going through the same thing. I have S2k on the brain. I eat and sleep S2k. I have a '99 Honda Prelude Type SH and she was my baby until I drove the S2k. Now the Prelude is up for sale. Let me tell you that my Prelude is mint. Over $6,000 in mods are done on the car, it only has 24k miles on it and its almost paid off. I'm selling it for only $16,000 (I'm just eating the money I put into this car) just so I can get a S2K. I have a truck too but there is only room for two cars in my garage so the Prelude must go. Gotta make room for the S2k.
Ha! I had a 88 Prelude 4WS that I sold and I just refinished a 86 Bronco. After driving the truck, I missed the sports car and got a S! It was either that or a NSX...
Old 02-28-2003, 09:45 AM

Originally posted by Optikal
I know exactly what you are going through... it drove my GF nuts, too. I hope she doesn't think I love the car more than I do here...

All I could think about was this 02 Sebring (which I got three weeks ago), and after getting it I am in a constant state of shock. The wait time was hard, even to the hour of picking the thing up, but I have to say I enjoyed waiting and daydreaming about it! Now I bring those dreams to life! Like a trip to Napa Valley with the top down!

Do you have any plans for your S once you get it?
Im not planning on doing any performance mods to it. Im not a racer and even in stock mode, the car is more than I need. Anything I do to it will be purely cosmetic. I plan to get the calipers powder coated in yellow and add the Rick's yellow leather steering wheel and console. I'll replace the stereo with something more powerful that plays MP3 discs and I'm adding LoJack (the new one that pages you if the car is moved) as well as an aftermarket alarm that will beep me if it goes off. (Ok im paranoid)

Old 02-28-2003, 09:52 AM

Yeah, I can understand the paranioa. You might want to look into some custom seat bolts and lug nuts too, eh?

Once you get your S, do you plan on any long drives? I promised my GF we would go somewhere with it once I got my S... So, I gots to keep my word
Old 02-28-2003, 09:53 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I had to wait 6 weeks after I ordered mine. I ordered it and tok delivery before I drove it. Who says you don't by a car without test driving it first??

Quick Reply: Its killing me