S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

I've almost had it.....

Old 07-27-2001, 02:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

(*begin Rant)
not with the car, but some of the people on this board. I have had good conversations with people like Sev, Wessmaster....and even people that I have disagreed with such as vtecvoodoo and ultimate lurker, but the complete honda bias is getting to me.

I love my car, but it isn't perfect. It has issues. It has things that could be better. There are other cars, that aren't perfect either, that are better in certain areas. It is almost like some people on this board see admitting that a car isn't perfect...or that (God forbid) and american car can do something better then HONDA VTEC, is blasphemy. If you are one of these people...get over it...the world is changing. No longer can only japanese make a fast, clean, good mpg getting, reliable car. The obvious bias and uneducated responses and posts running around seem to be multiplying. Variety is the spice of life...and limiting yourself to one car maker, and thinking its $hit doesn't stink, is a good way to get ripped off and miss out on a lot of great cars.

I have posted on Z06 forums, C5 forums, BMW forums, porsche forums and some honda forums...and by far the biggest attitude problems come from honda boards. When, I first got on this board...it was refreshing to see a different attitude and a welcomeness for discussing other awesome cars. I just don't want to see this board turn into superhonda.org. Honda does not make the only good cars in the world....it is time some of you figured this out. If this is the kinda post that will get me banned then so be it, but I had to rant....I don't want to see this board go down the path of many of the other honda boards. This is a great place for info and discussions....and I would like to see it stay that way! thankx for your time.
erik
(end rant*)
Old 07-27-2001, 03:02 PM

I have a Ford too

Honda makes a damn good car but there are better vehicles out there. I`ve been building/tuning Hondas for 10 years now, I just prefer to stick w/ what I know.

Regards,
Ryan
Old 07-27-2001, 03:02 PM

i think we all have our own opinions on what this car is. for me, it's a source of immense pleasure, but also a source of immense pain and sorrow (personal). would i trade it for anything else? probably not, but needless to say, i have met some friends whom i know i can associate with closely for the remainder of my natural life, and that in itself is good enough.

whatever rant you may have about others, it happens, trust me, but we all try our best to get along. there's an old chinese adage: take a step back, the sky clears; move a step aside, the ocean calms (the translation is not as good as i like). buddha said the same thing

peace brother.
Old 07-27-2001, 03:03 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by vtecvoodoo
[B]I have a Ford too
Old 07-27-2001, 03:05 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by elanderholm
[B]

I have no problem with you.
Old 07-27-2001, 03:24 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Excuse me but the s2000 is perfect! Name me one car that is better in any way... j/k

Come on.. it's a net board! Whilst this board is light years better than some out there, you don't need to be Einstein to figure out that you're gonna kiss a few frogs before you find your Prince Charming. Among the immature, wanabes, blinkered und uninformed there are contributers who regularly respond intelligently to the threads that provoke these kinds of arguments. I regularly see the superiority of other marques in various areas aknowledged, often from an obviously well informed standpoint. Visitors from other boards owning rival models are well received here (generally) even when they are arguing the superiority of their own particular model, which is as it should be.

Overall with the best will in the world I do not see the complete Honda bias to which you refer.
Old 07-27-2001, 03:35 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Cedric Tomkinson
[B]Excuse me but the s2000 is perfect! Name me one car that is better in any way... j/k
Old 07-27-2001, 04:09 PM
Former Moderator

Received 10 Likes on 1 Post

elanderholm.... don't feel that your rant will get you banned. Your rant (frustration) needs to be heard.

Things are changing and we are working towards fixing some issues. I want everyone to delete the word "ban" "banned" from your S2000 International Board vocabulary.

Posted today which is available in the library for future reference is a set of community guidelines.

https://www.s2ki.com/library/regulations/?P...c3e998df0ba53b3 I want everyone to review these guidelines and see if you can work towards creating a peaceful yet informative environment.
Old 07-27-2001, 04:11 PM

On a web board, you have to expect folks to act in ways they normally wouldn't to your face. But yeah, I've also noticed some folks get a little too attached to the car and go to ridiculous lengths to defend it. I mean it's just a fricking car!! Definitely a nice car but still a car. Some people need a little perspective.

And don't pay any mind to those busting you about talking out of your "arse". Jim Carrey made a pretty good career out of it!
Old 07-27-2001, 04:24 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Honda Gal
[B]elanderholm....

Quick Reply: I've almost had it.....