S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

JDM ITR Badge

Old 02-26-2004, 05:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't know about the ITR...but I just got the black chrome from Tim and there is a difference in the pins on the front and rear.

*Edit*
BTW Thanks Tim...They arrived the day after they were shipped, and you can't beat the price!
Old 02-26-2004, 05:59 PM

Originally posted by Kronos
I don't know about the ITR...but I just got the black chrome from Tim and there is a difference in the pins on the front and rear.

*Edit*
BTW Thanks Tim...They arrived the day after they were shipped, and you can't beat the price!
Yea, I found out there are 2 part#'s. I got a pair of rears. I contacted Tim and I'm sure he'll have a solution
Old 02-26-2004, 09:12 PM

You could've just asked for/purchased the 99-01 genuine JDM H emblem. All H emblems for the S2K during that time period were color filled/coded. Which means you can buy - Red, Blue, Silver, Yellow, White and Black color coded emblems from factory without the need to using another H emblem from another model.

DC2 ITR & EK9 CTR red H badges have specific sizes (Which on both models means they have 4 different size badges) they are NOT designed for the S2K thus the need to make adjustments to make them fit on an S2K, however you still have the wrong sizes. BTW, all red H emblems use the same red color tone. There's no difference from a Type R red H emblem and the S2K red H emblem in terms of color. A red H emblem is a red H emblem from Honda Japan.
Old 02-27-2004, 03:45 AM

SSS 01, I appreciate your concern but I bought these badges after doing some research. Yes they are different from S2k badges, yes one of the badges needs the pins taken off. I knew that before I purchased them.

You are incorrect on your statement that the tone of red is the same, it's not the same, I've seen them in person. The ITR red is darker than the regular jdm red.

Here's a picture if you don't believe me. (ITR left - JDM right)

Old 02-27-2004, 03:58 AM

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

I also have recieved the ITR badges from Tim. I also received them a day after I purchased them (great service). Unfortunately, I don't think that these are going to work for me. The ITR badges have a slight curve to them that I think will keep them from laying flush on the car. I also seem to have 2 rear badges. As much as I like the ITR badges I believe that mine will be returned for the regular JDM badges.

Jerry
Old 02-27-2004, 05:28 AM

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

I got my red badges from www.handaaccessories.com . They're most definitely different front and rear, not modification required to install them. I don't think I have the packaging anymore so I can't relate the exact Honda part numbers, sorry.
Old 02-27-2004, 06:06 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

"But, I must say that these badges are high profile to be stolen. I got mine stolen, replaced it, and got it stolen again, so now I'm just going to shave the "H" all together. However, if you want to risk it, it does look very good!

Best of luck.
~Andrew"
-Thank you very much for the photo Andrew. Thank you also Elistan and every one else who responded. The friendliness and willingness of the people who make up this forum never ceases to amaze me!
The idea of the upstyle badging has always intriged me. I haven't considered the S's from Rick's. Just me but I don't want anyone to think I am trying to hide the fact the S is a Honda but I have to admit I do find the OEM badges very bland. I also wasn't aware the MP tuning badges would need to be shaved to fit. I am going to look further into handaaccessories.
Thanks again to all for the pics and info.
Old 02-27-2004, 06:08 AM

Hmmmm...are the ITR's different in some way from the othe color JDM badges? I keep reading about having to remove pins and such. My black/black chrome badges were just plug and play. Perfect fit.
Old 02-27-2004, 06:10 AM

Originally posted by JerryIII
I also have recieved the ITR badges from Tim. I also received them a day after I purchased them (great service). Unfortunately, I don't think that these are going to work for me. The ITR badges have a slight curve to them that I think will keep them from laying flush on the car. I also seem to have 2 rear badges. As much as I like the ITR badges I believe that mine will be returned for the regular JDM badges.

Jerry
Jerry, speak to Skafia, he's a member on this board. He has the ITR badges on his car right now. I've seen pictures of his car and they look like they're sitting flush to me. But I can't be sure unless I ask him.

He did confirm that the front badge is smaller and should be different.

I'm still waiting a reply from Tim about the pair of rears that I got.

Like you, I like these badges and would like to use them if they fit.

Check out these threads, its pictures of his car with the badges.
http://forums.s2ki.com/forums/showthread.p...threadid=178574
http://forums.s2ki.com/forums/showthread.p...threadid=179329
http://forums.s2ki.com/forums/showthread.p...threadid=185782
Old 02-27-2004, 06:15 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Kronos

Quick Reply: JDM ITR Badge