S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

JDM ITR Badge

Old 02-27-2004, 06:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any modifications necessary to the rear bumper itself?

Does the badge cover the pin holes in the bumper?

Thanks for the investigation.
Old 02-27-2004, 06:44 AM

I just installed Jerry 3's ITR badges. They were extra curvy and had super thin 3M tape so we had to buy more 3M tape and cut to fit along with trimming the back prongs. But with a little bit of work the finished product is great looking!
Old 02-27-2004, 06:45 AM

Originally posted by Boston Duce
Any modifications necessary to the rear bumper itself?

Does the badge cover the pin holes in the bumper?

Thanks for the investigation.
No modifications to the trunk lid. Yes, it will cover the pin holes. The problem is with the badge, basically you'll have to break the pins off the badge and then put it on.

Nothing will be different, the only difference is you'll have to spend a little more time making sure you put your badge on straight
Old 02-27-2004, 06:48 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by hygiene boy
I just installed Jerry 3's
Old 02-27-2004, 07:23 AM

can you get some pics up of both the front and the back. Curious to see how well the sit on the surfaces Thanks!
I'll leave that up to Jerry since it's his car. The ITR badges are the curviest I've seen so we had to double up on the 3 M tape to make it work.
Old 02-27-2004, 08:00 AM

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Ok I finally made it back to my side of the bay. I would like to send a big thank you out to hygiene boy (Troy) for helping me do this. As he said, the ITR badges are curvy and we did have to go get some double sided tape to make them fit. They look great. The red color of these badges is just awesome. So without further adou here are some pics. I took these with my phone so I apologize in advance for the poor quality.

here are some from the side so you can see the curve and the gap.

I hope this helps you all make a decision. I am very happy with the results. You really have to see these badges in person to appreciate how cool the sparkly red is.

Jerry

PS Troy, I caught second so hard when I left your place that the whole car went sideways. I hope to see you on the 6th. I owe ya one! A cold one that is.
Old 02-27-2004, 08:16 AM

Thanks for the pics Jerry, they look great! I have to agree, the red on these badges looks great! that's why I got them instead of the regular JDM's.

Question, do you know if your front badge was smaller than your rear. I can't tell from the pics. Just wanna see if you also got 2 rears like I did. I'm going to have to ask Skafia how well his fit.
Old 02-27-2004, 08:22 AM

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

PMantis24,
Mine are just like yours. They are the same size. They are actually both fronts. The front one fits right in the factory holes the rear one has to have the prongs removed. The red does kick ass. We used 3M double sided tape to install them.

Jerry
Old 02-27-2004, 08:41 AM

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Sorry I didn't specify about the front "CTR" emblem that is slightly smaller.

Like I told others, the fronts fit fine but with a little curve, I didn't have to use any more extra 3m adhesive, I just pushed that sucker really hard and held it for a minute and there is no gap.

The rear's won't fit into the holes so you have to break the tabs and line it up.

Here's another shot of my Rear ITR emblem.

And more shots:

Old 02-27-2004, 08:49 AM

i bought the JDM MC blue badges from tim, i have to say amazing service from a great guy. so good i ordered a second pair of black badges. i still don't understand why the badges made for the S 2000 have the gaps. my blue ones have them to. it sucks

Quick Reply: JDM ITR Badge