S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Just Retired - Always loved the S2000 - Would You Still Buy One today?

Old 06-29-2015, 09:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do it! Heck,I want another one. I first drove a friends in 2000. Had to wait 12 years to get it and it's so worth it.
Old 06-30-2015, 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by RMurphy
You've been a member of this forum since 2003. Most of the posts you have made have asked the same question... should I get one?

You keep coming back to ask the question, so clearly you want one. Find a nice one, get it, and settle this decade-long plus debate with yourself. And if it turns out to not be a good fit for you after all, you will have NO problem selling it.

Life is way too short to be spending a decade trying to decide if you want to get a particular car or not.
Thats hilarious. Didn't notice that. Maybe he/she will come back again in 2018 to ask the same question.
Old 06-30-2015, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by lencap
Greetings -

Just retired and always loved the S2000. Not sure my body could handle it as a daily driver, so it will be an occasional car. The car I'm looking at is a base 2005 model with low mileage - under 35K, two owner car. The question is - given all of the cars available today, should I still consider the S2000 or has current technology provided "better" choices?
If you (or anyone) is looking for a reason *not* to get an S2000, there are hundreds and new ones coming out every year in the form of new car releases. And if you did get one, you'd find reasons every time you drive it to wish you had something else, its a compromised car, no two ways around it.

But neither you nor the S2000 are getting any younger. And if you've got a backup/daily driver, you're retired, and especially if you live somewhere that sun and good weather are hard to come by, I think you'd be able to look past any of the car's negative attributes and really enjoy it.
Old 06-30-2015, 12:32 PM

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

i am 65 this year, far from retirement still, I have had my car since 10/03 .its a 2004, sebring silver with the red/blk interior car. I do my own maintenance.
I continue to day dream about the next car...and i cannot come up with any reason to sell the car. I love it still , since i drove it out of the showroom doors.
Old 06-30-2015, 06:03 PM

Received 244 Likes on 174 Posts

If I was you I wouldn't rush into getting a S, take your time and come back in another 12 years. Just kidding, go get one and see if it fits you. I'm 60 and have no plans to get rid of my S any time soon. If I can drive, I'll have my S, my wife and I like it so much. We take long drives in our S(some have been over 7500 miles) and we love it.

ROD
Old 06-30-2015, 07:55 PM

Greetings -

Just retired and always loved the S2000. Not sure my body could handle it as a daily driver, so it will be an occasional car. The car I'm looking at is a base 2005 model with low mileage - under 35K, two owner car. The question is - given all of the cars available today, should I still consider the S2000 or has current technology provided "better" choices?
Old 06-30-2015, 08:05 PM

I just turned 54 years young and I bought my 2007 S2K last year. I don't drive it every day, but when I do, it leaves me with a smile. This car is basic and some what dated but boy can it handle, a joy to drive and great looking. Honda put this car together right. Don't give it a second thought. Yeah there are more expensive and hi-tech cars out there, but this car was built for pure enjoyment. Oh, and I don't have any problems getting in or out!
Old 07-01-2015, 04:07 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Every time I drive another car and then get back in my s2k I appreciate it even more. There is absolutely no better combination or appearance/performance/reliability/fun in my mind. This is the ultimate sports car for me.. considering the AP2 Design is 12 years old now and still looks great. Few cars can say the same.. All of its 2004 competitors come to mind.. (350z, z4, boxster... All of which look dated.)
Old 07-01-2015, 01:18 PM

Thanks to all for the replies - and yes, I've been "lurking" for some time during which I've tried to find "the car", but the bigger struggle was tending to college education costs.

I just took a serious look at a low mileage 2005, but it's not "the one".

While my search will likely continue, I appreciate your comments and suggestions. Either the car has shrunk since my last ride a few years ago, or I've gotten more brittle. I think we know the answer to that one!

I
Old 07-01-2015, 04:38 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Greetings -

I'm 57 and DD my S2000. Go for it.

Quick Reply: Just Retired - Always loved the S2000 - Would You Still Buy One today?