S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

A Long Cold Winters End

Old 03-16-2003, 07:02 PM

Received 1,423 Likes on 1,115 Posts

Hey Beig that was one beautiful post. You got it exactly right.

I had to work today, April 15 is coming, and most of my clients don't care about sportscars and spring days. Still, I left early and got in as much driving as I could. Even my little, uneventful drive was refreshing. It was the S "fix" that I needed.

I hope we have a few more of these great spring like days in the next few weeks. Welcome back! Its been a long, hard winter.
Old 03-16-2003, 07:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First, I was gonna wait for the coming winter to buy an S. But I couldn't resist, so I pulled the trigger last Mon.

Just in time, baby, just in time !!!!!
Old 03-16-2003, 07:23 PM

Originally posted by RM 4 2
First, I was gonna wait for the coming winter to buy an S. But I couldn't resist, so I pulled the trigger last Mon.

Excellent! Have you put up any photos yet? How do you like the new car?
Old 03-16-2003, 07:24 PM

Received 1,423 Likes on 1,115 Posts

Welcome to the community. You're just in time! Enjoy.
Old 03-16-2003, 07:56 PM

My S has been hibernating in the garage for about 3 months with an occasional start up. Today I washed all the DUST off the car and drove about 100 miles all on the eastern end of LI where I live. I purchased a new Ti shift knob from Ricks about a month ago and must say the shifter feels even better if that's possible.

I considered looking at a 350z Track model but honestly after driving the S with the top down on a warm day, music cranking and a 9krpm exhaust note wailing the driving experience is brought to a level that cannot be achieved with a 350z or any fixed roof car. After driving my Blazer all winter it is unvbelieveable how responsive, fast, accurate and light the S feels. I think I will purchase a Spugen single for my b-day next week....

Also I should mention that on March 30th the seasons 1st PCA autocross event will be held at Tobay Beach. A friend of mine just purchased a Porsche C4S and I will probably be attending the event with him.

http://www.metronypca.org/autocross/Autocr...of%20Events.pdf
Old 03-16-2003, 08:13 PM

Thanks for your huge welcome, guys! I've been lurking around this forum for a month, and telling to everyone here that I will wait and buy it in the next winter. One test drive, and I've never looked back!!! All in all, This is the happiest purchase I've ever made in my life, the car worth every freakin' pennies, and I blame it on all of you!!!

She's a simple one, '03 Silver Stone w/ Black, had 24ml on her when I took delivered. I'll get a camera tomorrow and post the pics. Don't mean to high-jack the post but, how do you post pics under user name or under signature?
Old 03-16-2003, 08:23 PM

Thanks for your huge welcome, guys! I was lurking around this forum since about a month ago, and been saying to everybody that I will wait and buy it in the next winter. One test drive, and I've never looked back!!! All in all, This is the happiest purchese in my life, the car worth every freakin' pennies, and I blame it on all of you!!!

She's a simple one, '03 Silver Stone w/ Black, had 24ml on her when I took delivered. I'll get a camera tomorrow and post the pics. Don't mean to high-jack the post but, how do you post pics under user name or under signature?
I'm not all knowing, but I think either you have to be a paid member to host/post photos, or have your own web site to host the file.
Old 03-17-2003, 06:45 AM

Same deal here, looks like driving weather is back upon us However the big downside shortly showed itself.......Peeps blasting crap hole rap...sorry, I'm 24 and TRULY believe that music died ohhh about '79, '80's=cultural black hole of music '90's=Bad grunge, beginning of rap '00+=Does not look like it is getting any better Only new music I likes is Jazz IMO this can ruin the 'top down' experience.......I can't be alone on this?
Steve
Old 03-17-2003, 06:55 AM

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

Steve,

If you're gonna' touchy about the type of music people listen to, you're gonna' be a very disappointed young man.

From Mahler's 5th symphony to Ja Rule, it's all good when the top is down and the sun is on your face.
Old 03-17-2003, 08:12 AM

Originally posted by Chazmo
Steve,

If you're gonna' touchy about the type of music people listen to, you're gonna' be a very disappointed young man.

From Mahler's 5th symphony to Ja Rule, it's all good when the top is down and the sun is on your face.
I can't agree more Chaz!

Quick Reply: A Long Cold Winters End