S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Mods

Old 02-11-2003, 06:05 PM

Received 1,416 Likes on 1,109 Posts
Default Mods

This thread isn't about whether or not people should modify their S2000. That topic has recently been beaten to death, and continues to be beaten every day.

This thread is about why people feel that they have the right to tell others what they can and cannot do with their cars. Apparently, many people feel that they have the right and ability to set the standard for good taste. I wonder why this is so.

I also wonder why S2000 owners feel embarrassed by what other owners do to their cars. Why should it make a difference? I really don't understand what is behind this.

Old 02-11-2003, 06:11 PM

Received 60 Likes on 37 Posts

I believe the correct answer is: "egocentrism".

-Pete
Old 02-11-2003, 06:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I believe the opposite of what Kodokan says. I believe it is egocentricity that makes people mod their cars. We're not "telling' people what or what not to do with their cars. Some of us just don't understand why they aren't happy with their Ss the way they are. I've read post where owners just got their cars and want to start spending thousands on mods and they don't full understand their cars. I guess you could call us "purists". I see too many posts from arrogant owners and how much they've spent on their cars; how many cars they've beaten doing street races or the 1/4 mile track; how they adorn their posts with their pictures trying to impress everyone. However, I don't see as many posts about how pleased they are with their stock S or how their cars are on real race courses. It seems so many people have so much disposable income that they waste (my opinion) it on modifications and not more positive causes. Just my opinion.
Old 02-11-2003, 06:46 PM

For me, it's about respecting the amount of work and sweat involved in seeing someone devote their time to their passion. I'm sure all of us are passionate about something. I may not agree with or like some mods on some of these S's, but who am I to judge? I can respect their passion for modding, and that allows me to sort of stand back and nod my head.
Old 02-11-2003, 06:49 PM

Or Shake your head.
Old 02-11-2003, 06:53 PM

Originally posted by DarioManfretti
Or Shake your head.
Old 02-11-2003, 06:54 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by DarioManfretti
[B]I believe the opposite of what Kodokan says. I believe it is egocentricity that makes people mod their cars. We're not "telling'
Old 02-11-2003, 07:00 PM

Originally posted by VinceD
For me, it's about respecting the amount of work and sweat involved in seeing someone devote their time to their passion. I'm sure all of us are passionate about something. I may not agree with or like some mods on some of these S's, but who am I to judge? I can respect their passion for modding, and that allows me to sort of stand back and nod my head.
Vince

I personally don't like most of the mods that I have seen. As stated before I am a bit of a purist.

That having been said, I happen to agree with every word you said. I wish I could have said it as well.

To each his/her own.
Old 02-11-2003, 07:11 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why does the athlete pratice and work out for hours upon hours
to achieve a slightly better time. Why does a person wash there car. Why do you brush your hair. Why take a vacation and have nothing to show except pictures, t-shirts and memories for thousands of dollars.....Why Because ya do what makes ya feel good. My Father is a stereo freak...Macintosh and Carver.....old tube amps...out the ass. Why because it makes him feel good he enjoys it.

" What ever gets you throught the night is alright...is alright!"
Old 02-11-2003, 07:42 PM

Long live the memory of John Lennon.

Quick Reply: Mods