S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Mugen 04 exhaust comparison

Old 11-25-2004, 08:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think it's just the angle and distance from the car that are different. If you measure the diameter of the tips in both pictures, and compare them to the distance between the exhaust openings in the bumper in both pics, you will find that the ratios are the same. (OK, so I have too much time on my hands today. ) That tells me that the tip openings are the same size on both exhausts pictured.

I think the beveled part of the can next to the tips looks more polished in the King pic. But that may also just be the angle of the camera or of the lighting. Or maybe you need to Zaino your exhaust to keep it looking nice.
Old 11-25-2004, 09:04 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Mutlu,Nov 25 2004, 08:14 AM
They are just plain different. The one on the King pic is smaller and looks more finished. I was thinking about getting it too but now I won't.
Thanks.....at least someone has an eye for perfection.

For the people who think it's the "angle" that's different here is another comparison. It's unbelievable to me that you some people don't see the difference. It's people like you that I would NEVER let work on my car. To line up a hood, install hood pins, install a spoiler......anything that is precise.

There are NO rivets on the muffler can that is on the website.

Now tell me the tips are the same size.......cause they are NOT the same!

My point is this: King should remove the photo's that they are claiming the customer is going to receive upon purchasing this exhaust, or put a disclaimer "actual product may differ" or some shit like that.

What they should NOT do is tell me that the pictures are the same, the exhaust is the same and that they have limited of them in stock so I should place my order now. Which is what they told me. They couldn't explain the differences, they just claim it's the same........so I guess I'm just a freakin idiot.

Lastly: Mugen lovers now know what they are going to get if they buy this exhaust. Don't buy it, slap it on, take pictures and then think it's going to look like the one on the yellow 04 s2000 on King's web page cause it WON'T......

IT'S NOT THE SAME EXHAUST.........

peace
Old 11-25-2004, 09:35 AM

here are some pics of my 04 with the 04 mugen exhaust.

Sounds amazing well worth the $$$
Old 11-25-2004, 10:13 AM

Maybe you bought the Seibon exhaust...

It definitey looks different and I would want clear answers as well. Maybe Mugen changed the design ever so slightly to enhance the product due to unreleased issues. <-- Purely speculating...

SIIK2NR- It looks very nice though. Good luck with it!
Old 11-25-2004, 10:32 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would like clarification, too. I was pretty much ready to order, but now I'm thinking of skipping this modification completely.
Old 11-25-2004, 11:07 AM

Just to clarify things........I have NOT bought this exhaust yet. The pictures were borrowed from evel333.

That's the reason I'm pissed cause I was just about to purchase it when evel333 posted his new pics.......and I was like WTF?

To some it may seem like "nit-pickin" but to me......it's important.

Thanks for your opinions and I hope I helped some of you realize what the differences are.

It's still a beautiful exhuast........
Old 11-25-2004, 11:53 AM

I agree that they are two different exhausts. It rather upsets me. They both are very very nice. I kinda like the blue ring on the end. I can see on the mugen/king promo photos the cans on the car are more polished there is no question about that. Maybe a little polishing is all the production exhaust needs?

I do think they need to use actual pictures or put a disclaimer on the site.

I still think i'm going to order this exhaust after christmas. I've done a lot of searching and it's still one of the top exhaust (IMO) Sure the Amuse is king of the land but I'm not ready to spend $2200+ on an exhaust. I'm at a point in my life where I could spend it and it wouldn't hurt me, but I think putting the extra money into a house is better spent.

SIIK2NR, there is nothing wrong with "nit-pickin". You are going to spend ~1500$ of your hard earned money.

Just my .02
Old 11-25-2004, 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by PrimoAP1,Nov 25 2004, 11:13 AM
Maybe you bought the Seibon exhaust...
nice one..............
Old 11-25-2004, 01:50 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's the whole point. $1500 is a lot of money, and I think we deserve to know exactly what we're getting for that kind of cash.

This is the whole reason it makes me think I'm just going to skip doing an exhaust completely. The $1500 could go towards my volk wheels instead
Old 11-25-2004, 02:15 PM

That's what I'm thinking too.........

Quick Reply: Mugen 04 exhaust comparison