S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

my 24hrs with my boosted s2k from portland

Old 03-13-2012, 02:54 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just cried.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
Old 03-13-2012, 02:59 PM
Banned

Wow, that's insane! I'm glad you guys made it out ok.

I'm assuming the car was insured, correct?
Old 03-13-2012, 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by vividracing.com
Wow, that's insane! I'm glad you guys made it out ok.

I'm assuming the car was insured, correct?
yeah it's got insurance. we start the claim process tomorrow. i'm just hoping i get the purchase price of the car, and they cover the hotel rental car and flights home = ~$1500
Old 03-13-2012, 03:15 PM
Community Organizer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

F uck man! Glad you are OK. Cars can be replaced, people cant
Old 03-13-2012, 03:27 PM

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!! That totally sucks man.. Hope insurance will work with you. Like stated earlier, could have been a lot worse.
Old 03-13-2012, 03:36 PM
Spammer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Who gets sued will be up to the insurance company if they pay you out. And before that can happen somebody has to forensically determine the source/cause of the fire to know whether the vendor modded negilgently or the dealer inspected negligently. What a shame - my thoughts go out to you for your loss, though I am happy for you that you were able to get out safely. Same thing happened to my Dad's Jag XJS but there it was oil that boiled over and up the dipstick tube onto the exhaust manifold. His was recoverable ($12000), your's is not!!! Don't let this deter you - this is NOT a congenital issue with the S2000 (at least un-modded ones)- Good hunting for a replacement.

Originally Posted by ChopsCA
Ok so here's the story. Found a 2001 boosted S2K on s2ki.com 50K miles, greddy turbo, clean etc. Got it inspected at Beaverton honda down there before i flew down. The inspection came back that everything was good, no issues with the car.

so flew down picked the car up, inspected it, all was good. flew down with a friend and the plan was to cruise around portland for the day, then ironman the drive back to canada once paperwork cleared customs.

So about 300 miles into our trip, we stop in Pasco, WA for fuel. top the car up and have a cigarette and we're on the road again. We get about 30 miles outside of Pasco, and i start to smell fuel a little bit. Don't really think much of it, maybe i overfilled the car and its leaking out the gas cap or whatever, then i notice that the fuel gauge has already dropped 1/8th of a tank! strange... the fuel smell is getting worse, so i roll down the window for some fresh air, and the fuel smell is overpowering coming in the window! So i pull over to figure out what is going on, and as soon as we stop there is a loud pop/whoosh noise and flames coming from under the hood. So buddy and i bail out the car and call 911. no fire extinguisher in the car, and we watch it burn.

So now i'm dealing with insurance...more info to come. Anyone know if i can sue the honda dealer that inspected the car or anything like that?

TL;DR
bought a car in portland and it lit on fire.
Old 03-13-2012, 03:42 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Damn the car looked like a gem too!! Good luck and I'd fight with whoever to make sure you get every dollar back
Old 03-13-2012, 04:31 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damnnn thats crazy That car look great. But like many others said it can be replaced and a life can't.

GL with resolving this
Old 03-13-2012, 05:18 PM

Impressive!...at least you guys are OK though
Old 03-13-2012, 06:36 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow......just wow.

Is a Honda dealer really qualified to inspect a modded car? They have 0 experince with boost.

Quick Reply: my 24hrs with my boosted s2k from portland