S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   S2000 Talk (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-talk-1/)
-   -   My parents' cat pissed on my seat.... (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-talk-1/my-parents-cat-pissed-my-seat-406248/)

CeleSaga83 07-19-2006 03:26 PM

My parents' cat pissed on my seat....

I left the top down in the garage. Woke up, drove to the gym and smelled something funky in the car. I noticed the passenger seat had this shiny tone to it which I thought was weird. I smelled it and knew it was cat piss right away. I washed it with water and leather cleaner but smell wont go away. I dunno what to do. Should I kill the cat?

doheboy6 07-19-2006 03:28 PM

F* yeah! I hate cats. I guess you can park outside on a sunny day with the top down and let it dry?

jah 07-19-2006 03:30 PM

you may think to remove the seat

do the carpet

petsmart odor remover

its NOT a new car any more

CeleSaga83 07-19-2006 03:32 PM

More I think about it, more pissed I get.

moonsurfer 07-19-2006 03:34 PM

Skin the cat for new leather!
You may have to remove the seat and possibly strip the leather cover off the bottom of the seat to get to the foam. Chances are the cat piss went through the perforated wholes in your seat and soaked into the foam cushion.
Once you get the cushion out, soak it in the bathtub with some warm soap and water, rinse well and apply some odor remover then allow it to dry in the sun.

CeleSaga83 07-19-2006 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by moonsurfer,Jul 19 2006, 03:34 PM
Skin the cat for new leather!
You may have to remove the seat and possibly strip the leather cover off the bottom of the seat to get to the foam. Chances are the cat piss went through the perforated wholes in your seat and soaked into the foam cushion.
Once you get the cushion out, soak it in the bathtub with some warm soap and water, rinse well and apply some odor remover then allow it to dry in the sun.

I can take out the foam without cutting the leather?

Emil St-Hilaire 07-19-2006 03:40 PM

Whatever you do,don't harm the cat.
It probably pissed on the seat,because there was akready some kind of odor on it.!!!
Is the cat a male or a female ???

chickdr 07-19-2006 03:42 PM

Being a veterinarian I have a suggestion for you. You need a product called "Urine-Off" it is only sold at veterinary offices. It will completely neutralize the urine odor. You still may need to remove the foam to do it right, but you could try using a syringe with a needle (also procurred from the vets office) and inject the solution through the pores directly into the foam. Let it dry and you should be done with it.

moonsurfer 07-19-2006 03:43 PM

Yes, when you take out the seat, there are some tension springs with hooks that hold the leather cover over the seat cushion at the bottom of the seat. All you need to do is release these springs to get access to the cushion.

meth 07-19-2006 03:44 PM

EAT HIM!!!!