S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

My S2000 got broken into.. :brokehrt:

Old 07-03-2011, 04:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I didn't have any problems when my Acura Legend got broken into several years ago. They covered my aftermarket stuff and a digital camera that was in the glove compartment. This was at UC Riverside, I feel like the UC police never does anything, this was across the street from them.
Old 07-08-2011, 06:34 PM

Thanks for the kind words guys and sorry for the late response, it's been a busy week. Whoever did this, karma's a b!tch and they'll have what's coming to them soon enough. Just trying to keep my cool everyday, the loser who did this better hope I never find him.

So the insurance guy came today to look at my car and did an estimate for me.. what a joke. They want to replace everything with used, aftermarket parts, not OEM. For the soft top the guy said he was going to get an aftermarket soft top from Bon-A-Rue's. First of all, that's bullsh!t because it was my OEM soft top that was gutted, not some cheapo aftermarket one. I told him all this and said there is no way they can get me an OEM. I think the dude is bluffing and I told him I would talk to whoever is in charge, because I thought I was getting everything OEM brand new. It's not my fault that my soft top got gutted, and to receive a cheap aftermarket soft top instead of OEM is straight up insulting. It's honestly my first time dealing with an insurance company, and I'm guessing they are obviously trying to scare me with my rights in offering to replace everything aftermarket. Has this happened to any of you guys and is there a way around it? I'm thinking about going to the Honda dealership and getting quotes for everything and showing it to State Farm. To be honest, I'm really disappointed right now in how the insurance has been handling this, I better get everything replaced OEM and brand new. What do you guys think.. Any tips or advice?
Old 07-08-2011, 09:51 PM

Received 63 Likes on 24 Posts

Check your policy. Sometimes they can use used parts that are in good shape but i believe it would have to be Oem. Id raise hell and make sure only oem honda parts were being used
Old 07-08-2011, 10:13 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Go to their office and raise hell
Old 07-09-2011, 12:42 AM

I dealt with statefarm before. They have affiliated places to do repairs. I took mine to an affiliated-Honda dealer, and only OEM parts were used.

Hope this helps
Old 07-09-2011, 07:51 AM

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts

all my past experiences all parts replaced were OEM and brand new.
Old 07-09-2011, 08:32 AM

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

They will replace all the parts with oem, just don't let them boss you around. I invested in a hardtop w/ locks/ hardbolts, also got seat locks and a high tech alarm.

Would be priceless if you could get the thief this way

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ehVmqo2Z-4
Old 07-10-2011, 08:23 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Holy crap dude, that's terrible! This is why I'm riding the bus to college next year and keeping my S in a garage. Someone hit my car last year in the UTA parking lot, had to get it towed. $1500 of damage (500 deductible, still insurance rise and you pay most of the damage) + $500 parking garage fee on campus vs. $110 a semester for a bus pass.
Old 07-11-2011, 01:00 AM

They left the rims what dumb asses no offence
Old 07-11-2011, 01:34 AM

Originally Posted by Mark355
Wonder how long it took them to do all that? No one saw anything?
That's what I'm saying! of all parts why the tail lights when the HID headlights are worth more?.. And the side markers? I think it's an inside job. Don't be suprised if it's one of your buddies. Most definately someone that knew your schedule.

Quick Reply: My S2000 got broken into.. :brokehrt: