S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

My Seats were stolen!! (long)

Old 10-08-2003, 02:41 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default My Seats were stolen!! (long)

It took me a little bit to post this on the main forum, but my seats were stolen on Monday 10/6 from right infront of my house/door. As you can imagine i was REALLLYYYYYY upset.
My sister was the one who actually noticed then banged on the door and told me my seats were stolen. I have a slashed top, 2 seats gone, they took my shifter knob and my CD's since they were under my seat. Of course the ppl were kind enough to leave the seat botls behind.. just incase I might need them. I probably seem to be writing this more calmly but after 2 days i've begun to get over it.
I guess the one thing that sorta has me pissed off the most, isn't so much that my seats were stolen, it's the lack of the Police effort. When we called them they said they wouldn't come out to look at the car they would just take a report over the phone. Now if they seats where just taken.. i'd understand BUT DAMNIT they left greasy ass finger prints behind. Still to no avail after even my brother who's a firefighter called them, they still said they wouldn't come out. It's a real long story about the cops.. extremely long. I'm just glad that my insurance company (State Farm) and the Dealer (Maroone Honda/Ford) have been really good to me. They did call back yesterday with the final estimate and length i'll be with a loaner...

Total Estimate: $7,600.00 that includes 2 seats, Canvas top, Shift knob... and they also scratched my driver side panel when taking out the seat. My time w/a loaner: 1 Month!! Yup thats right. (Thank god I changed from the Focus i first had to a Protege). They are literally making my seats right now.. and it'll take about a month till i'm behind of my car.

Oh and they one other thing thats ok right now is that my car has some company at the shop... There's an 03 White S2000 who was stripped. They have them parked next to each other. The guy at the shop told me everyone who comes by admires the car and asks what it is. He said "Even people with really nice expensive cars love the car".
Old 10-08-2003, 02:48 PM
mav

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Stupid cops... they chase down and pull over traffic violators but refuse to investigate a REAL crime that occurred. Makes me wonder where my tax dollars go? I guess more money for the stupid pigs to keep stuffing their faces with donuts.

Fock the police.
Old 10-08-2003, 03:29 PM

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

PM Kodokan_4 and see if he has any seat locks left. This could save you next time.

Check the link in my sig for more info on the seat locks.
Old 10-08-2003, 03:56 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You may want to ask your insurance company if they have any recommendations for investigating the finger prints left behind in order to press charges and/or claim restitution.

Next time, have your sister punch you in the face and tell the police that you were assaulted when you tried to stop them, then they'd come out..
Old 10-08-2003, 04:03 PM

Originally posted by 3ngin33r1
You may want to ask your insurance company if they have any recommendations for investigating the finger prints left behind in order to press charges and/or claim restitution.

Next time, have your sister punch you in the face and tell the police that you were assaulted when you tried to stop them, then they'd come out..
LOL Thanks I needed a laugh... Since I had noticed at 8:15 am that it had happened and knew that the cops wouldn't come.. i went straight to the Insurance Agent (who's not that far) and told them what happened. They knew the cops wouldn't come out and were as disturbed as i was. But they didn't do anything about the prints. No use now since everyone and their mom's have touched the car. As for the seat locks.. Even after I get my car back, I don't think i'll be investing in them just yet. I was lucky enough to get no extra damage done to my car. The theifs went in for what they wanted and didn't damage my car. (THANK GOD!!) God forbid I get the seat locks they get in and get PO'd that they aren't able to steal them, who knows what else they would do to the car! I also don't want a risk of these theives figuring out how to remove the seat locks. My dad has devised an idea of how to 'secure' the seats down. He's a very creative man Plus i'm getting one damn annoying alarm that when even a wind comes through the things going off!
Old 10-08-2003, 04:18 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by mav
Stupid cops...
Old 10-08-2003, 04:33 PM

Sorry to hear that Spa02S2K, that really sucks, and even more w/ the cops not doing their job correctly and that it was right in front of your house.
mav, i agree with you 100%, this just happened last may/june, i was being driven to school( by my dad, dont have a lisense )
and there was kid( 17/18 im guessing) and he stopped, behind him came a cop and at green he went forward (not fast) just a regular start at green and then the cop flashes his lights and pulls him over for no reason at all! damn traffic cops these days, only pull people over 80% of the time just to try to make some more money for their family, which i understand but that is B.S
Old 10-08-2003, 06:57 PM

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

There was a guy down your way a few months ago who had his car flatbedded and ripped off.

Sounds like a rash of S2000 crime down there in sunny FL, Spa. Awfully sorry to hear about this. At least you're not alone.

Damn expensive replacing the seats!
Old 10-08-2003, 10:23 PM

That does suck dude. And I agree, it sucks that the cops wouldn't come out, but that everyone sees them pulling people over but not investigating real crimes is kind of a mis-representation. Even if a patrolman came and took a report, it is very unlikely that a "beat" cop would be investigating the crime. It would likely go to a detective or something. Still, I agree they should have come out to do a report or something, but even having a lab analyze prints and compare to a database costs a lot of $$. Probably more than what your repairs cost. It's good that your insurance is covering everything and is working with you, and it sucks that those scumbags will get away with yet another crime.

I've always thought that vandalism or theft to a man's car is one of the worst crimes there is. If I caught someone f*cking with my ride, I'd probably end up with 20-life for murder.

Good luck
Old 10-08-2003, 10:35 PM

omg I cant believe they wouldnt come out, we r all fuking paying taxes!! how often do cops catch real criminals---besides eatting donuts, they are specialized in giving b.s tickets and sh1t talking.

Spa, sorry to hear the story, contact your insurance company and see if they have any suggestions for u, good luck!

Quick Reply: My Seats were stolen!! (long)