S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Need Advice (Ticket)

Old 12-05-2003, 08:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Alright. I got a ticket this morning on my way to class. I was running a bit late and going a bit over the speed limit. Well, as my luck turns out, a highway patrol men was leaving for work. He followed me and pulled me over. Got out of his car and as he is walking up I can see him laughing, I roll down my window "Good morning officer." He responds back with "I finally got you, I see you driving all the time and you never mess up, and now you did" He then keeps going on with what I think are discrimination remarks about how the only reason he is going to give me such a bad ticket is because Im 17 and driving an S2000, and that a Reckless Driving ticket (378$) is nothing for me due to the fact im "rich, and better off" then others. He kept going on about random things like "he caught the biggest fish in the sea" and what not. But anyways, he did write me a reckless driving ticket. Now, my questions to everyone here is, He is giving me a Reckless driving ticket for speeding, he has no proof that I was speeding due to the fact he did not pace me, or rader me, or did he have any other cars in the area to pace me off of, due to the fact I was the only car on the road. I thought Reckless driving tickets ment you were endangering others? Maybe Im wrong on that. But Im not sure, He also wrote my birth date wrong, stating i was 19, also said it was in a Residential area. Im sorry but in no way is this street residential, its a 45 mph road and its 4 lanes. Do I hold any water in court? Im sorry that this is short and quick, and I might be leaving a few small things out that some of you might need to know, but I am now on lunch break and only have a few more minutes so Im trying to make this fast. If you need to know anything else please post here and I will respond.

Also, this is my 2nd ticket, my first one was for a 10 over.

Please no flames, just looking for advice, Ive never thought about going to court for a ticket nor did I think I would ever have to. Just need to know what I should do. Thanks to all that help.

- Vincent
Old 12-05-2003, 08:49 AM

Well how fast were you going and what citations did you get?
Old 12-05-2003, 09:00 AM

Your story is a little difficult to understand. Each state has different interpretations of "wreckless driving." You said you were running late for class and in a hurry. It's possible the officer thought you were driving in an unsafe manner for the time, location, conditions, etc.

Your best bet will probably be to contact an attorney.
Old 12-05-2003, 09:41 AM

Get a lawyer, if he did not have a radar to prove it, it can be threw out of court. Also I would tell the lawyer about the remarks he made.
Old 12-05-2003, 09:54 AM

in everystate you can drop the wreckless to a careless but u need a lawyer...i had the same thing happen to me...

get a lawyer who is from the town who knows the law in ur town (people in court)

u can get it dropped to careless and pay no pts fines...
Old 12-05-2003, 10:12 AM

Received 1,104 Likes on 700 Posts

Also while it's fresh in your mind, try to write down everything that was said by either of you. Date and sign it.
Also go back to the very spot you were pulled over and take pictures of the road, and nearest speed limit sign, preferable at the same time of day.
Then see an attorney. this guy sounds like an ass and should not get away with it.
From what you said, he admits you are a good driver and you nevver break the law, then out of the blue, you are a reckless driver? Use his own words to screw him.
Old 12-05-2003, 10:27 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not flaming you, maybe it's just the quick manner in which you posted it.

I don't doubt that you got a reckless driving ticket but I doubt you got one for going "a bit over the speed limit". Come on, how fast were you really going?

I also doubt the comments you say the officer made that you "think are discrimination remarks". You either know they because they offend you are or you know they are not because you could care less. Sounds to me like you could care less since you didn't say anything to the officer at the time he made his comments.

You say that he wrote on the ticket that it's a residential area, well, it may not look like it to you but it could be zoned that way. I used to live on a 4 lane road that had a 55MPH speed limit. I also used to live off a state highay with a 65MPH speed limit and it was 5 lanes.

How do you know that he didn't pace you and didn't radar you? Did he say that or are you guessing?

Get a lawyer.
Old 12-05-2003, 10:57 AM

~A beam of light appears~

A faint cry in the background (Ahhhhhhhhhh)

The ticket Guru has arrived.

Oh young one, you have much to learn
Everyone recieves tickets, today it's was your turn
I will give you advice, on what you must do
Appear on your court date, and request traffic school
or speak to the Solicitor, when you come in that day
ask him if you can plead "nolo", so they will throw your ticket away
If you plead "nolo" that means "no contest"
you have to pay a fine, but your record will be cleared no less.

sometimes they will have a fund
that you can contribute to
you can give them money
instead of going to traffic school
they won't put it on your record
and your name will be saved
and your parents won't discover
the terrible mistake that you made.

The last option you have is to plead guilty to a lesser charge
you will have to pay a fine, but your record will remain unscared
the solicitor will let you know the options you can chose
But if you go to court you will have nothing to lose.

The ticket guru has spoken...

Old 12-05-2003, 11:19 AM

reckless driving is a misdemeanor, not an infraction. that's serious and will have major impact on insurance as well as becoming part of your lifelong "rap sheet." hire an attorney if for no other reason than to get rid of the reckless. then move from oklahoma. what a pit.
Old 12-05-2003, 11:28 AM

VASCAR no need for radar.

Quick Reply: Need Advice (Ticket)