S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

New $0 Mod: Unlock both doors with first press of OEM keyless entry!

Old 03-28-2004, 12:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We read the instructions and went out immediately to re-wire frycow's MY02 Formula. It has the dealer security system. We thought this might be a problem, but it couldn't be that bad... or could it.

We quickly found the pink/blue wire on the 18 pin connector attached to the keyless box. Wonderful! We clipped it. Then we looked for the yellow/green. Hmmm. Nothing even slightly resembling a yellow green could be found. This was the first of many problems. In turn, we spliced wires using a trial and error process. We spliced the pink/blue wire to about 6 different yellow wires
Old 04-05-2004, 03:54 PM
WPS

where's the instructions?
Old 04-05-2004, 04:10 PM

Destiny was hacked. Perhaps he will re-post.
Old 04-05-2004, 05:11 PM

i'm curious does the 04' have a passenger door unlock button ?
Old 04-05-2004, 05:32 PM

Nope. I wish...
Old 04-05-2004, 08:39 PM

I thought I'd take up the torch and try to re-post Destiny2002's mod from memory. I hope he forgives me if I don't measure up to his standards.
To begin with, Destiny2002 recommended writing down the radio presets, making sure you have the radio code, and then unplugging the battery. I never unplugged the battery, so you probably don't have to ... but I am probably an idiot. I found it helpful to know that the fat white wire (#8) is +12V and should be avoided...
For those who want to know, what this splicing does is connect the passenger door actuator in parallel with the driver's door actuator. I saw this posted earlier in this thread, but I wanted to make my post as complete as I knew how. Here goes:

The first thing to do is to squeeze into the driver's footwell and find the keyless module. Here is a picture I took at an awkward angle JUST FOR YOU. I have the OEM alarm so I have a few other wires floating around under my dash. Your dash may not look the same. In fact, if you have the factory alarm, skip the next sentence.

The second step (if you do not have the factory alarm) is unplugging the 18-pin connector. Pull off the electrical tape from the shrink-wrap tube and expose enough wire to work with.

The second step (if you do have the factory alarm) is removing the left kick panel (the plastic part surrounding the hood release). I won't tell you exactly how to do it, because I don't think the way I did it is right. I broke something. The two things I know you definitely need to do are 1) removing the plastic peg thing from the end near the hood (precice, I know) and 2) remove the door sill. Anyway, once you remove the kick panel, find the OEM 18-pin connector. It should have the same colored wires that mine has. Once you have it, pull off the electrical tape from the shrink-wrap tube and expose enough wire to work with.

The following instructions are for cars with or without factory alarms. If your car has an alarm, make sure that you are using the OEM 18-pin connector, not the one that plugs directly into the keyless module.

The third step is to cut the PINK wire with BLUE tracers (PNK/BLU, #18). Insulate the end that goes into the connector with electrical tape. Then, strip the end that goes off into the wild unknowns.

The fourth step is to strip the YELLOW wire with GREEN tracers (YEL/GRN, #7) about an inch from the connector. The distance isn't important, but make sure it's easy for you to access. The idea is to expose some copper in the middle of the wire, but not to cut the wire.

The fifth step is to solder the PNK/BLU wire to the YEL/GRN wire. Wrap the wires up in electrical tape.

Finally, plug everything back in and test it. Replace the kick panel if you took it off. Voila!
P.S. When I previewed this post, my image didn't work. Clicking on it rendered the photo correctly, so try that if you can't see my picture.
Old 04-06-2004, 02:22 PM
WPS

page 3 of this, tells you how to remove kick panel. i only found the rear clip like you said, broke that , it's 2.80 for one at the stealership. didn't see the other clip , maybe newer models are differnt that this old instructions. yeah you do have to remove the side door sill to get the kick panel off. its a pain in the butt IMO
http://www.handa-accessories.com/S2000/s2ksecurity.pdf

does anyone know if any of these wires above the kick panel turns into a ground when the car is off? i know on the '04 , the oem alarm led is built into the instrument panel and is prewired for 12+v, it justs need to be grounded to light up(black/yellow wire connected to a gray connector not plugged into anything,wrapped in blue tape above hood latch, dont have to remove kick panel to get to it)
actually not sure if this would work or not. ..
Old 04-06-2004, 04:18 PM

With the installation of my aftermarket alarm, both doors unlock with one button push now and I'm able to use the factory LED on my '04.
Old 04-08-2004, 02:36 PM

Originally posted by WPS
page 3 of this, tells you how to remove kick panel. i only found the rear clip like you said, broke that , it's 2.80 for one at the stealership. didn't see the other clip , maybe newer models are differnt that this old instructions. yeah you do have to remove the side door sill to get the kick panel off. its a pain in the butt IMO
http://www.handa-accessories.com/S2000/s2ksecurity.pdf

does anyone know if any of these wires above the kick panel turns into a ground when the car is off? i know on the '04 , the oem alarm led is built into the instrument panel and is prewired for 12+v, it justs need to be grounded to light up(black/yellow wire connected to a gray connector not plugged into anything,wrapped in blue tape above hood latch, dont have to remove kick panel to get to it)
actually not sure if this would work or not. ..
Don't know about other grounded wires. The second clip is way up inside the door jamb. It's right below the A-pillar plastic. Rather than remove that clip, I just swiveled the piece. I'm not sure that's the best way to handle it, but it worked.
Old 04-03-2006, 08:46 PM

where is the instructions????

Quick Reply: New $0 Mod: Unlock both doors with first press of OEM keyless entry!