S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

New CarbonFiber Products!

Old 01-07-2003, 12:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New CarbonFiber Products!

A partner of mine and myself have been working with a company here in the US to build some quality carbon fiber pieces that work as well as they look. Before we jump into another one of those "What would you like to have made" threads, we wanted to get some feedback and interest on our current offerrings. As many of you may or may not know, the proper way of making these types of components require a mold to be made first. These molds are very, very expensive. So what we decided to do first are few pieces that are not readily available for our cars here in the states. All of the pieces made are made 100% of carbon fiber. There no plastics or other materials used in the process.

The first piece we made were the eye lids. These are similar to the C West eyelids in thickness and shape.

The second piece we are making is a rear lower diffusser. This piece is very elaborate and detailed. It is a 5 piece kit which includes small side winglets. This piece is designed to provide a healthy amount of downforce to help keep the rear planted. While this will add a aggressive "look" to the rear end, it was designed with performance as the number one priority.

The third piece we are working on is a trunk lid. It is a OEM design which makes it a direct replacement for all years and DOES NOT include the key hole. Everything else will be the same. We will post pics and exact weight as soon as it is finished.

We have sent a letter to the director of the board for sponsorship and are currently awaiting a reply. As soon as we are in the clear, we will be hosting a group buy to get things moving. The first two items for sale will be the eye lids and the diffussers. I have enclosed a couple of photos of the mold for the diffusser to wet your appetites. As soon as we hear back, I will give you an update and pricing as well.

The eyelids show are for our test fit and have not been coated that is the reason for them looking dull.

The last photo is what the finished product will look like once its been coated.
Old 01-07-2003, 12:38 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very cool. Hope the market feeds your venture.

Tan
Old 01-07-2003, 01:08 PM

It seems like many of the parts on the s2k are already pretty lightweight, making many after market goodies not real cost effective.
Old 01-07-2003, 01:27 PM

wow looks awesome. i can't wait to see some of these products actually on an S2000. good luck with everything
Old 01-07-2003, 02:40 PM

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

I'd love a working rear diffuser, myself - but honestly, I'd prefer it in inexpensive fiberglass. It's underneath the car, so looks aren't especially important, and it's not an overly structural piece...