S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

New to the S2000 experience and I have a question.

Old 02-17-2004, 08:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to the S2000 experience and I have a question.

I'm Dad recently surprised me with a purchase of a beautiful S2000. He then told me that the car was mine after I came up with a reasonable down payment and took over payments.

It's a 2000 with 63k miles. It is a honda certified used car with a 100k warranty. So its been through all the inspections and was purchased from the dealer.

We were considered about the 2nd grind and didn't learn about it being normal until it was already back at the dealer. But the car was having some other problems. The dealer said everything else was fine. Also to keep in mind the guy told my Dad vtec doesn't work in the winter. (This is in Knoxville, TN)

The other problem is when the clutch is let out (while rolliing) there is a grinding/rubbing sound that slightly vibrates the whole car. This problem/sound weakens the further you get in the gears, 6th it is pretty much gone. Its annoying in 2nd and 3rd. To me it doesn't feel right. Has anyone else had this happen or have any suggestions?

thanks!!!
here are some pics. pics
Old 02-17-2004, 09:38 AM

Ok, VTEC doesn't know the difference between summer and winter. He's feeding you a line of BS.

Kinda sounds like you need a new clutch or something too. At 63k miles its about that time.

... I'm still laughing at the Vtec doesn't work in the winter. That's quite possibly the most ludicrous statement I've ever heard.
Old 02-17-2004, 09:41 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

not so much that vtec doesnt work.. just that its a lot safer to not use it during the winter =).. nice color combo.... you lookign to change your interior to black by any chance? hehe
Old 02-17-2004, 09:48 AM

Beautiful ride man. GPW rules
Drive safe
Old 02-17-2004, 10:11 AM

yeah the vtec thing made me think he was being shady about looking at the rest of the car.

i was thinking a clutch replacement or maybe a pressure plate alignment.

Sorry Jay yO i love that color combo and i wouldnt have it any other way. good luck in the search for redness.

thanks
Old 02-17-2004, 10:37 AM

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Congrats on a great color combo. Maybe the sales guy told your dad that because EVERYONE knows that GPW is the fastest color. You need to register your VIN with the site.
Old 02-17-2004, 10:44 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by __pg Also to keep in mind the guy told my Dad vtec doesn't work in the winter. (This is in Knoxville, TN)
Old 02-17-2004, 11:38 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Maybe he said, "VTEC doesn't work when it's cold". "IT" meaning the engine. Your dad may have interpreted "IT" to mean the whether, and he developed the statement, "VTEC doesn't work in the winter".
Old 02-17-2004, 12:16 PM

Dad and I had this long talk about it. He said the dealer guy went into this long spill about how its winter and its cool and the vtec doesn't work in the cold weather. I was like haha I guess he hadn't ever driven a vtec powered car more than 3ft. Then I explained to just let is warm up for a few minutes and all is good.

Any thoughts on this grinding/rubbing thing?
Old 02-17-2004, 12:20 PM

vtec doesnt work if u got any less than three bars on the temp gauge
congrates and drive safe!
love your color man

Quick Reply: New to the S2000 experience and I have a question.